The Universe Was Created For The Glory Of God

Old July 4th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Sea Wasp[_1_]

Default The Universe Was Created For The Glory Of God

Douglas Berry wrote:
What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

*Sigh* You minions of Satan keep mistaking the CORRUPTION for the
PURPOSE.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Old July 4th 06, 01:48 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Sea Wasp[_1_]

skyeyes wrote:
Douglas Berry wrote:

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

I'm sorry that you and Sea Wasp are so critically short of information,
Doug, but the fact is, the Universe and Everything was created by and
for cats.

No, cats are another of the creations of Satan.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Old July 4th 06, 01:50 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Sea Wasp[_1_]

Enkidu wrote:
Alan Anderson wrote in
:

In article ,
Douglas Berry wrote:

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much
work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-- Benjamin Franklin.

(Unfortunately, that "proof" assumes the premise that beer is good, a
sentiment to which I do not subscribe. I think it tastes nasty.)

Drink some good stuff,

There is none. It has alcohol in it. Thus it tastes like alcohol.
Which is like the business end of a hospital thermometer (from my
youth... these days they don't even have the alcohol, they use
disposable sheaths on electronic thermometers, dagnabbit...)

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Old July 4th 06, 01:50 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Alan Anderson

Enkidu wrote:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-- Benjamin Franklin.

(Unfortunately, that "proof" assumes the premise that beer is good, a
sentiment to which I do not subscribe. I think it tastes nasty.)

Drink some good stuff,...

In my analysis, there ain't no such thing. Believe me, I've tried
so-called "good" beer. It's not any particular variety of beer which
offends my palate. It's the very essense, that which makes something a
beer rather than a wine, or a beer rather than a cola.

[Ale is worse -- it's like beer squared. I'm not sure I've ever had a
lager, though.]
Old July 4th 06, 01:52 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Enkidu[_1_]

Sea Wasp wrote in
:

skyeyes wrote:
Douglas Berry wrote:

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much
work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

I'm sorry that you and Sea Wasp are so critically short of
information, Doug, but the fact is, the Universe and Everything was
created by and for cats.

No, cats are another of the creations of Satan.

Cats *are* Satan. They form a collective entity.

--
Enkidu AA#2165
http://www.thoughts.leaddogs.org/

Old July 4th 06, 01:54 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
\Mark T\

"Enkidu" wrote:

God does what God does. Prediction of God's mind is a risky business.

If Christians quit predicting God's wants and acting as His proxy, the
rest of us might find it easier to get along with them

Amen! :-)

Old July 4th 06, 01:56 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Enkidu[_1_]

Sea Wasp wrote in
:

Enkidu wrote:
Alan Anderson wrote in
:

In article ,
Douglas Berry wrote:

[...]

That was not "alcohol". That was isopropyl alcohol, a different beast
altogether, and not something you'd want to ingest.

--
Enkidu AA#2165
http://www.thoughts.leaddogs.org/
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,
ULC, Modesto, CA

But if there is one thing which proves to me that the Ten Commandments
were written by man, and heartless man at that, it is the ommission of
any mention of children. Donkeys (ass) get a mention, but not children.
Old July 4th 06, 01:59 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Enkidu[_1_]

Alan Anderson wrote in
:

Enkidu wrote:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-- Benjamin Franklin.

(Unfortunately, that "proof" assumes the premise that beer is good,
a sentiment to which I do not subscribe. I think it tastes nasty.)

Drink some good stuff,...

In my analysis, there ain't no such thing. Believe me, I've tried
so-called "good" beer. It's not any particular variety of beer which
offends my palate. It's the very essense, that which makes something
a beer rather than a wine, or a beer rather than a cola.

[Ale is worse -- it's like beer squared. I'm not sure I've ever had a
lager, though.]

In my experience, beer and especially ale is served too cold. 45 to 50
degrees F seems best to me. Same with wine, espesially red wine. To
cold, and you loose all flavor except the alcohol.

--
Enkidu AA#2165
http://www.thoughts.leaddogs.org/
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,
ULC, Modesto, CA

If you believe everything you read, better not read.
-- Japanese proverb
Old July 4th 06, 01:59 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On 4 Jul 2006 00:45:23 GMT, in a place far, far away, Enkidu
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

If Christians quit predicting God's wants and acting as His proxy, the
rest of us might find it easier to get along with them

Why single out Christians? It would seem that there's another
religion that's causing us a lot more problems along that line right
now...
Old July 4th 06, 01:59 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Leebehr

And Who created Satan?