ccd images of mars better than eyes!!!

Old August 29th 03, 05:58 AM
Simon

Default ccd images of mars better than eyes!!!

Ive noticed a couple of posts here have mentioned mars only showing up on
the scope as an orange blob or disk with no real markings, that was similar
to my experience,
i found that viewing mars on my ccd camera and playing about with different
shutter speeds produced more detail, even without any stacking and
processing of the image.
im hoping to take more pics with more magnification, and try and get to
grips with some software for stacking and processing, I havent had much luck
with registax but its me rather than the software I think

i have a 6inch refractor, and a cheap camera

Regards