Why Armies that Chase the Oil Markets Will End Up in the Lake of Fire

Old February 16th 08, 01:50 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Why Armies that Chase the Oil Markets Will End Up in the Lake of Fire

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:00:19 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
to babble
Actually, based on his history, most of what he says is by definition
wrong because he said it.

Oh. I see. You're an idiot.

No, just not a blind partisan.

Of course you are. Only an idiot partisan would make a statement such
as yours.

The mission was accomplished.

Then why are we still there?

Why were we in Germany for sixty years after the war? Are you saying
that we hadn't defeated Hitler?

No, we stayed there as part of a European defense plan against the
USSR.

And now we're in Iraq as part of a Middle East defense plan against Al
Qaeda, Syria and Iran.
Old February 16th 08, 01:52 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:05:05 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
to babble
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:38:51 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"Clinton believed in Regime change thus justifying Bush's action."

You can smell the fear when a Republican starts chanting, "But Clinton
. . ." like a magical mantra that makes the world right again.

You can smell the lost argument when all someone has is to simple
mindedly call people a "Republican," or a "neocon," or a "right
winger."

I'm none of the above.

Thank you! So, you're one of those rare Democrats/Independents who
supports/supported Bush and the Iraq war concept?

If by "Independent" you mean not a member of any political party, then
yes.
Old February 16th 08, 01:54 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:02:45 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
to babble

"...the VC was created by the North Vietnamese communists to escalate
the armed struggle in South Vietnam.

And it was run and manned by south Vietnamese. That's why they called
it a "guerrilla" war.

And according to you were largely wiped out seven years before we
abandoned the country. Answer the question put to you. Who were we
fighting if the Viet Cong were "largely wiped out" in 1968?

The remnants of the Viet Cong, and later the North Vietnamese army.
Old February 16th 08, 05:31 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

:
:"...the VC was created by the North Vietnamese communists to escalate
:the armed struggle in South Vietnam.
:
:And it was run and manned by south Vietnamese. That's why they called
:it a "guerrilla" war.
:
:And according to you were largely wiped out seven years before we
:abandoned the country. Answer the question put to you. Who were we
:fighting if the Viet Cong were "largely wiped out" in 1968?
:

NVA.

Jesus, you're an ignorant dumbass! Why don't you educate yourself?

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old February 19th 08, 09:11 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Feb 16, 8:49*am, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 03:58:56 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
to babble
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 05:08:07 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
to babble
That's because they were never there much to begin with. *The "Al Qaeda" in
Iraq has little to do the the rest of the world terrorist network.

They don't agree. *Neither does Al Qaeda.

There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq until after Bush's ill advised invasion.

So?

So folks who support the Iraq war to stamp out Al Qaeda are creating
problems to have, not solving problems that exist.

No, we didn't create Al Qaeda. *We just moved much of it to Iraq,
where it is easier to kill. *It was quite successful, really.

Al Qeada in Iraq is the least of our problems. Trying to prevent the
Sunnis from killing the Shiites and both from killing us is the bigger
problem. And if you had been actually reading about events in
Afghanistan rather than sprouting propaganda and rhetoric, you would
have realized that our most recent successes in the fight against Al
Qeada occurred a couple of weeks ago with a drone aircraft killing a
top ranking Al Qeada official there. Also, the human intelliegence
related to getting go info where he was also paid off, all of which
had nothing to do with what we are doing in Iraq.

Gore and others agreed to what we are doing in Afghanistan and the
results of a couple of weeks ago are encouraging. The change in
leadership in Pakistan may also have a positive effect. Only neocons
that support war for profit and naive idiots think that the war in
Iraq is just. Which one are you?

Where's Osama?

He is almost certainly dead, and has been for years.

Not according to the US government.

So? *I've seen no credible evidence that he's alive in years.

I guess that sums it up then. Rand sees no evidence so it mustn't be
true.
Old February 19th 08, 09:15 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Feb 14, 8:45*am, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 05:09:24 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
to babble
I don't take tips from George Bush. *I'm not a big fan of George Bush.
***
Then don't borrow his empty-headed one-liners like, "Mission Accomplished."

People who understand logic also understand that just because George
Bush says something doesn't make it wrong.

Actually, based on his history, most of what he says is by definition
wrong because he said it.

Oh. *I see. *You're an idiot.

No, you are! And have been for many years.

The mission was accomplished.

Then why are we still there?

Why were we in Germany for sixty years after the war? *

The USSR and the Berlin Wall. The fall of the wall and us leaving
bears that out.

Are you saying that we hadn't defeated Hitler?

No sequitur. What does Hitler have to do with the USSR? Do you expect
a USSR-like presence in Iraq even though Saddam is gone?

If we leave prematurely, it will become a new base for Al Qaeda. *

Bull****!! Al Qeada is not there with any large presence. The whole Al
Qeada in Iraq think has been a creation of the Us from th start. To
bad you took the bit, hook, line and sinker. Do you even know when the
USIA is manipulating you?
Old February 19th 08, 09:17 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Feb 16, 8:54*am, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:02:45 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
to babble

"...the VC was created by the North Vietnamese communists to escalate
the armed struggle in South Vietnam.

And it was run and manned by south Vietnamese. *That's why they called
it a "guerrilla" war.

And according to you were largely wiped out seven years before we
abandoned the country. *Answer the question put to you. *Who were we
fighting if the Viet Cong were "largely wiped out" in 1968?

The remnants of the Viet Cong, and later the North Vietnamese army.

Which by all signs saw their objectives met and ours not, right? So if
the Viet Cong were such failures, then how did the NVN manage to rally
behind them so well?
Old February 19th 08, 09:18 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Feb 16, 12:31*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Governor Swill wrote:

(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
:to babble
:
:"...the VC was created by the North Vietnamese communists to escalate
:the armed struggle in South Vietnam.
:
:And it was run and manned by south Vietnamese. *That's why they called
:it a "guerrilla" war.
:
:And according to you were largely wiped out seven years before we
:abandoned the country. *Answer the question put to you. *Who were we
:fighting if the Viet Cong were "largely wiped out" in 1968?
:

NVA.

Jesus, you're an ignorant dumbass! *Why don't you educate yourself?

I find your's and Rand's take of the propaganda quite interesting. Did
we lose in Vietnam Fred? Or will you call it a stalemate or wiggle in
yet another direction away from the word lost?

Old February 19th 08, 09:23 PM posted to alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.democrats,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Feb 16, 4:05*am, Governor Swill wrote:
(Rand Simberg) used a stick in the sand
to babble

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:38:51 -0500, in a place far, far away, Governor
Swill made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"Clinton believed in Regime change thus justifying Bush's action."

You can smell the fear when a Republican starts chanting, "But Clinton
. . ." like a magical mantra that makes the world right again.

You can smell the lost argument when all someone has is to simple
mindedly call people a "Republican," or a "neocon," or a "right
winger."

I'm none of the above.

Thank you! *So, you're one of those rare Democrats/Independents who
supports/supported Bush and the Iraq war concept?

Rand likes to think of himself as so complex as to not be able to be
labeled or pigeon-holed. The only problem is that he comes across like
a naive conservative so often I seriously doubt that he really does
know who and what he is.

And when I state "conservative" I mean one that wants the staus quo.
And in Rand's case it is because he's to clueless as to know how or to
what he should change.