OM has lost his lower leg

Old May 25th 08, 09:53 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damon Hill[_4_]

Default OM has lost his lower leg

Pat Flannery wrote in
dakotatelephone:

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
The ones that get me are the guys who repair live high-tension lines
after being dropped by a helicopter (or stay on board hanging out on
a boom.)

I mean I KNOW the physics works, but damn, first time you reach out
and grab that wire has GOT to make you nervous as hell.

So nervous that you urinate...and the stream of urine falls to the
ground...and being that it contains salt, it is electrically
conductive...and then... :-D

Well, there's still a corona arc that invariably jumps to the helicopter,
so you want to hope that it's hardened/qualified to handle the electrical
fuzzies going through it, and doesn't want to spin out of control while
you're hanging onto the wire, for any reason whatsoever...

Yeah, you'd have to pay me an awful lot to do that kind of work.

--Damon