Sir Patrick Moore...

Old June 5th 04, 11:36 AM
Graham W

Default Sir Patrick Moore...

....will be on the telly, BBC2 at 13:20 BST today, Saturday 2004-06-05
telling us 'How to safely view the transit of Venus'.

Just thought you'd like to know. 8¬)

Old June 5th 04, 01:27 PM
Andy Dix

Graham W wrote:
...will be on the telly, BBC2 at 13:20 BST today, Saturday 2004-06-05
telling us 'How to safely view the transit of Venus'.

Just thought you'd like to know. 8¬)

Has he been reincarnated as Adam Hart-Davis then?

Old June 5th 04, 02:06 PM
Tony Pottrell

"Andy Dix" wrote in message
Graham W wrote:
...will be on the telly, BBC2 at 13:20 BST today, Saturday 2004-06-05
telling us 'How to safely view the transit of Venus'.

Just thought you'd like to know. 8¬)

Has he been reincarnated as Adam Hart-Davis then?

I was thinking that too

Old June 5th 04, 04:55 PM
Jim

Graham W wrote:

...will be on the telly, BBC2 at 13:20 BST today, Saturday 2004-06-05
telling us 'How to safely view the transit of Venus'.

Just thought you'd like to know. 8¬)

You utter, utter git. When I saw the subject line I feared the worst :-(

Jim
--
AIM/iSight:JCAndrew2 - Log in and say 'hi'
"We deal in the moral equivalent of black holes, where the normal
Old June 5th 04, 08:28 PM
Michael

Jim wrote:
Graham W wrote:

...will be on the telly, BBC2 at 13:20 BST today, Saturday 2004-06-05
telling us 'How to safely view the transit of Venus'.

Just thought you'd like to know. 8¬)

You utter, utter git. When I saw the subject line I feared the worst
:-(

Jim

He has years left yet please God. All active, all presenting astronomy.

--
Regards

Old June 5th 04, 10:19 PM
Graham W

"Tony Pottrell" wrote in message

"Andy Dix" wrote in message
Graham W wrote:
...will be on the telly, BBC2 at 13:20 BST today, Saturday

2004-06-05
telling us 'How to safely view the transit of Venus'.

Just thought you'd like to know. 8¬)

Has he been reincarnated as Adam Hart-Davis then?

I was thinking that too

Oops - sorry about that! Right program, wrong presenter!

But quite a lot of stuff crammed in nonetheless, including Wessex's
own Bob Mizon.

Old June 5th 04, 11:10 PM
Jeff Taylor

In article , Michael
writes

He has years left yet please God. All active, all presenting astronomy.

Not wanting to be morbid but...
does anyone else think the Sky A Night will pass away with Patrick?

Regards,
--
Jeff
Old June 6th 04, 10:12 PM
Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article , seen in
news:uk.sci.astronomy, Jeff Taylor
posted at Sat, 5 Jun 2004 23:10:19 :

Not wanting to be morbid but...
does anyone else think the Sky A Night will pass away with Patrick?

It should, out of respect; no other presenter could replace him.

That which is to be feared is that there might be no regular replacement
program on the same topic, presented by a practising astronomer of
character.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;