Correction on stellar rotation curves for Quarks, Spaceships & Galaxies

Old May 14th 07, 06:20 PM posted to sci.skeptic,sci.physics.relativity,sci.math,sci.physics.particle,sci.astro
Jack Sarfatti

Default Correction on stellar rotation curves for Quarks, Spaceships & Galaxies

"It occurs three times a day."

Whoops, I made a hasty late night mistake in differentiating the induced
quintessent ZPF gravity potential for a flat stellar rotation curve.

The morning after.
(During this Bunthorne is seen in all the agonies of composition. The
Maidens are watching him intently as he writhes. At last he hits on the
word he wants and writes it down. A general sense of relief.)

Bun. Finished! At last! Finished!

(He staggers, overcome with the mental strain, into the arms of Colonel.)

Colonel. Are you better now?

Bun. Yes – oh, it’s you! – I am better now. The poem is
finished, and my soul has gone out into it. That was all. It was
nothing worth mentioning, it occurs three times a day. (Sees Patience,
who has entered during this scene.) Ah, Patience! Dear Patience! (Holds
her hand; she seems frightened.)

Angela. Will it please you read it to us, sir?

Saphir. This we supplicate. (All kneel.)

Bun. Shall I?

Dragoons. No!

Bun. (annoyed - to Patience) I will read it if you bid me!

Patience. (much frightened) You can if you like!

Bun. It is a wild, weird, fleshy thing; yet very tender,
very yearning, very precious. It is called, “Oh, Hollow! Hollow! Hollow!”

Patience. Is it a hunting song?

Bun. A hunting song? No, it is not a hunting song. It is
the wail of the poet’s heart on discovering that everything is
commonplace. To understand it, cling passionately to one another and
think of faint lilies. (They do so as he recites.)

One more time. /\ is constant in Einstein's GR, but is a variable
quintessent field in Einstein-Cartan theory with both curvature and torsion.

3. Flat stellar rotation curves in dark matter galactic halo.

Same idea. Imagine a circular orbit, the radial inward acceleration is f^2r

If the gravity force were from a compact object, r outside it then

GM/r^2 ~ f^2r

f^2 = GM/r^3

f ~ 1/r^3/2

v = fr ~ 1/r^1/2

disagrees with observation

On the other hand, if the star is moving through an exotic vacuum of
positive pressure.

The radial inward force is from

Vzpf = -c^2/\zpfr^2

g = -dVzpf/dr = 2c^2/\zpfr + c^2 (d/\zpf/dr)r^2 = f^2r

2c^2/\zpf + c^2 (d/\zpf/dr)r = f^2

tangential orbital speed is

v = fr = cr(2/\zpf + (d/\zpf/dr)r)^1/2

For a flat stellar rotation curve

dv = dfr + fdr = 0

dv/dr = rdf/dr + f = 0

2fdf/dr = 2c^2d(/\zpf/dr) + c^2r(d^2/\zpf/dr^2) + c^2(d/\zpf/dr) =
3c^2(d/\zpf/dr) + c^2r(d^2/\zpf/dr^2)

So these ordinary differential equations need to be solved for the
radial dependence of the positive pressure negative zero point energy
density "dark matter."

in that case.

Not quite the same as

/\ ~ 1/r for quark force and Pioneer anomaly, but essentially the same
mechanism with a different fall off.

On May 13, 2007, at 9:23 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

On May 13, 2007, at 8:03 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

Here /\zpf is negative zero point energy with positive pressure in a
roughly spherically symmetric ball, possibly hollow i.e. annulus. This
means cosmic torsion fields in Einstein-Cartan theory so that Einstein's
cosmological constant becomes a variable quintessent field but with w
- 1/3.

On May 13, 2007, at 7:48 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

I add a few more details.

The Skeptics like to debunk zero point energy as "psychoceramics"
(Visser's "Lorentzian Wormholes") well let's see who has the last laugh
now? ;-)

I forgot to mention that essentially this same simple idea also explains
the flat stellar rotation curves in the galactic halos.

Three at a blow

1. Quark Force

A Zee in "Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell" says that the quark-quark
effective potential inside the hadron in the IR long wave limit ~ r
(their separation). Therefore, there is a constant attractive force
between them so it costs more and more work-energy (linearly) to
separate them.

i.e. V(quark) ~ -c^2/\zpf(hadron)r^2

where

/\zpf(hadron) ~ 1/ar

Constant quark-quark zpf dark matter force per unit mass

g(quark) ~ c^2/a

note string tension ~ mc^2/a

2. NASA Pioneer Anomaly

Same thing on a much bigger scale. The anomalous constant force on the
two probes is

g = cH

H is Hubble parameter

g ~ 1 nanometer per sec^2 - observed number

/\zpf(Solar) ~ H/cr

Jack Sarfatti

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"
- Albert Einstein
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore...x?bookid=23999
http://lifeboat.com/ex/bios.jack.sarfatti
http://qedcorp.com/APS/Dec122006.ppt
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ausation&hl=en
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lub/sets/72157594439814784

Quark Force, NASA Pioneer Anomaly, Flat Stellar Rotation Curves -all same explanation Jack Sarfatti Astronomy Misc 13 May 19th 07 10:50 AM
correction on the flat stellar rotation curves from ZPE dark matterquintessence Jack Sarfatti Astronomy Misc 0 May 14th 07 04:11 AM
Galactic Rotation Curves Oz Research 10 April 20th 05 11:40 AM
Galactic rotation curves online? Hagia Sophia Astronomy Misc 17 May 14th 04 11:48 AM
Galactic rotation curves online? Hagia Sophia Research 15 May 14th 04 11:48 AM