From the Front Lines

Old June 8th 04, 01:58 AM
Starlord

Default From the Front Lines

Got e-mail from my county's rep's office, said it was a civil case, so
I then asked a question, "Who Owns The Sidewalks in Rosamond"

A few hours later a return email : County Owns Sidewalks.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

---

Old June 8th 04, 02:12 AM
Martin R. Howell

Starlord wrote:

Got e-mail from my county's rep's office, said it was a civil case, so
I then asked a question, "Who Owns The Sidewalks in Rosamond"

A few hours later a return email : County Owns Sidewalks.

Play their silly game. Shoot them back an email which asks them, "Okay,
then who owns the county?"

You do see where I'm going with this, don't you?

--
Martin
"Photographs From the Universe of Amateur Astronomy"

Old June 8th 04, 02:25 AM
Jon Isaacs

A few hours later a return email : County Owns Sidewalks.

Seems to me that if Mr. Foster Freeze is holding a BBQ on the Sidewalk, he may
either need permits or he may be in violation.

Too bad the guy is having a problem. You might ask him directly what his
concerns are about you being there.

jon
Old June 8th 04, 02:42 AM
Wayne Howell

I'd suggest that it would be a very good idea to start having someone
there with you with a video camera.....both for your protection and
also, it is amazing how many loud bullies back off when they are being
recorded.

I once was in a series of confrontations....with a really nasty guy.
When I started recording the meetings, he first tried to bluster and
stop us recording, but when we told him that every time we met, we were
going to record it and show others......he suddenly stopped coming around.

Wayne Howell
Photon Phlats Observatory
Port Townsend, WA
Old June 8th 04, 05:49 AM
Starlord

No Need to, that the answer I was looking for. Kern County built the
sidewalk and owns it, any shops pay a yearly fee for up keep of it,
but as long as I am not blocking it, not selling anything, and not
standing on his parking lot, he's got ZIP to say.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

"Martin R. Howell" wrote in
message ink.net...