(OT) New Stonehenge Theory.....

Old May 29th 04, 07:55 PM
Richard DeLuca

Default (OT) New Stonehenge Theory.....

England's first roundabout!

Hey guys,

I've just arrived back in the States after having the time of my life in
your fair country. Although I probably didn't run into a single one of
you, every Engtlishman/woman I did encounter was wonderful to us.

May your long island story last at least another thousand years.

Starry Skies,
Rich
Old May 29th 04, 09:37 PM

"Richard DeLuca" wrote in message
news
England's first roundabout!

Judging by the almost total gridlock (A303 jammed both ways, 3 miles queue
into Salisbury from the north) in the area this morning it's still working
fine!
Hey guys,

I've just arrived back in the States after having the time of my life in
your fair country. Although I probably didn't run into a single one of
you, every Engtlishman/woman I did encounter was wonderful to us.

May your long island story last at least another thousand years.

Starry Skies,
Rich

Glad you enjoyed the place

--
G-t-P

'A wise man never plays leap-frog with a Unicorn' - Barry Cryer

Remove Viking food to reply

Old May 29th 04, 10:07 PM
Richard DeLuca

"A" wrote:

"Richard DeLuca" wrote in message
news
England's first roundabout!

Judging by the almost total gridlock (A303 jammed both ways, 3 miles queue
into Salisbury from the north) in the area this morning it's still working
fine!

I found myself driving the A303 a number of times- one of the most
dangerous roads I've ever encountered. The A344 and A345 aren't much
easier. But the countryside in and around Wiltshire is the prettiest
I've ever seen, and I've done more than my fair share of traveling.

Glad you enjoyed the place

And the people.

Best,
Rich
Old May 30th 04, 06:25 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Richard DeLuca wrote:
I found myself driving the A303 a number of times- one of the most
dangerous roads I've ever encountered.

Go to the Algarve and try the N125 between Faro and Lagos -- apparently
one of the most dangerous roads in Europe.

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old May 30th 04, 11:19 AM
DT

Richard DeLuca wrote
I found myself driving the A303 a number of times-

The 303 used to be my favourite road. There was a time when it was very
empty and fast, and the police would give you a friendly wave as you
sped happily on your way... At least I think they were waving...

Glad you had a good holiday!

Denis
--
DT
Replace nospam with the antithesis of hills
Old May 30th 04, 12:22 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Sat, 29 May 2004 18:55:35 GMT, Richard DeLuca
wrote:

England's first roundabout!

Hey guys,

I've just arrived back in the States after having the time of my life in
your fair country. Although I probably didn't run into a single one of
you, every Engtlishman/woman I did encounter was wonderful to us.

May your long island story last at least another thousand years.

Hi Richard,

Glad you had a great time over here. Did you see the circus,
brass-bands, bunting and fetes we'd arranged for you as you passed the
turn off to Selsey?

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old May 30th 04, 05:57 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , DT
writes
Richard DeLuca wrote
I found myself driving the A303 a number of times-

The 303 used to be my favourite road. There was a time when it was very
empty and fast, and the police would give you a friendly wave as you
sped happily on your way... At least I think they were waving...

I recall meeting a car in the wrong lane on the A303 near Stonehenge -
the only time it's happened to me. Sheer disbelief is unhelpful at a
closing speed of over 100 MPH!
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old May 30th 04, 06:25 PM
John Carruthers

May your long island story last at least another thousand years.

Hurry back now y'all.
jc

--
http://mysite.freeserve.com/jc_atm/

---

Old May 30th 04, 07:06 PM
DT

Jonathan Silverlight
wrote
In message , DT
writes
Richard DeLuca wrote
I found myself driving the A303 a number of times-

The 303 used to be my favourite road. There was a time when it was
very empty and fast, and the police would give you a friendly wave as
you sped happily on your way... At least I think they were waving...

I recall meeting a car in the wrong lane on the A303 near Stonehenge -
the only time it's happened to me. Sheer disbelief is unhelpful at a
closing speed of over 100 MPH!

I am adamant that it was not me! I can recall every trouser moment of my
life!

Denis
Old May 31st 04, 01:56 AM
Richard DeLuca

"John Carruthers" wrote:

May your long island story last at least another thousand years.

Hurry back now y'all.
jc

I sure did my best to help your economy while I was there.......
A bad time for American travelers right now, as the £ is so high against
the US$.

Starry Skies,
Rich