OM back in hospital yet again

Old March 17th 08, 04:35 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Default OM back in hospital yet again

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
So send your get-well messages there.

I don't think OM would appreciate me sending him anything. Just the same, I
wish him all the best.

Old March 17th 08, 05:02 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:

Have you emailed him?

Yes, he emails me; and I've replied to him.
I don't post his emails to me and mine to him for privacy concerns, but
give the gist of them.
Since the time I had a friend contact him during my toe amputation to
update the newsgroup, we work as mutual contacts to the newsgroups when
either of us are hospitalized, and give condition updates.
He can access his email from the hospital, but not newsgroups.
Apparently, during his toe amputation he didn't even get my "get well
soon" card till he got back home and could download it as a JPG.
He can read his email though, if not attachments, and his email address
is (I hope I don't get into trouble for this, although it's pretty easy
to find on a Google search):
So send your get-well messages there.
I'm sure there'd be nothing better for getting his spirits up than "get
well" messages from regular posters, and the lurkers also.
Picture sci.space.history without OM...Christ, it would be like the High
Cretaceous geologic age without a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
That ecosystem _needs_ something like that stalking around, roaring so
load it makes the very air shake, and ready to sink foot-long teeth into
its prey. :-D

Pat
Old March 17th 08, 06:19 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Peter Stickney wrote:
No joke at all - my wife went through a bout of MRSA last summer, and into
the fall. Really nasty stuff, involving stuff like surgery to remove
necrotic tissue.
Pat, if you get back in touch with OM, tell him to take care of himself.

He specifically said that the staph infection wasn't MSRA, but some
other form of staph.
On the other hand, it was widespread throughout his system to the point
where it needed a a lot of antibiotics when he went into the hospital.
They were putting antibiotics into me by the pint when I showed up at
the hospital with gangrene. and my doctor (a couple of months later)
told me that if I'd checked in 24 hours later than I did, I'd probably
be dead and gone.
OM's basic problem is that his diabetes has been around for decades, and
damaging his body's protective resources inch-by-inch for all that time.
Right now, a health problem or infection that the rest of us could fight
off with only a little help in regards to antibiotics could be fatal to
him in fairly short order.
I sure hope he gets through this fine; because, vulgar and obscene that
he is, I can't really help but dearly and profoundly missing him if he
goes.
There's a very big, if angry, soul resting in that body.
I've never met him, and only seen some still images of him over the
years, but I can guarantee you I'd like to sit down with him and shoot
the breeze with him for hour upon hour.
That would be a worthwhile and memorable conversation to have in one's life.
He really showed his measure when he stayed awake for 36 hours straight
doing the "Columbia loss FAQ".
That was _sharp_....that was really, outstandingly, _sharp_.
No one whoever posted to sci.space.history ever pulled off something
like that.

Pat
Old March 17th 08, 07:20 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
I don't think OM would appreciate me sending him anything. Just the same, I
wish him all the best.

Oh, he would.
Even old and familiar combatants are a welcome source of remembrance
when times get tough.
Lets face it, the only problem with "We few; we lucky few" is the fact
that we get a bit fewer by the year.
I imagine that even The Emperor Ming treasured a message from Flash
Gordon in his dotage, talking about the good 'ol days, when they both
weren't wearing dentures and still contending for the control of the
universe. :-D

Pat
Old March 17th 08, 07:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Alan Erskine wrote:
I don't think OM would appreciate me sending him anything. Just the

same, I
wish him all the best.

Oh, he would.
Even old and familiar combatants are a welcome source of remembrance
when times get tough.
Lets face it, the only problem with "We few; we lucky few" is the fact
that we get a bit fewer by the year.
I imagine that even The Emperor Ming treasured a message from Flash
Gordon in his dotage, talking about the good 'ol days, when they both
weren't wearing dentures and still contending for the control of the
universe. :-D

Pat

Pat, for the 10 months I wasn't on the 'net, I missed you're imagination so
much!

Old March 17th 08, 02:12 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

On Mar 17, 2:19*am, Pat Flannery wrote:
Peter Stickney wrote:
[...]

My brother, a diabetic for near 30years, had similar last year.
Appendix wnt bad and lost 8-9 feet of piping.
Sometime after surgery this strange skin infiectiions statred showing
up knees hands (wasn't merser) but jeez he was dealing with for some
time before it went south. the infection he had apparently was happy
to find various areas in the body to hang out, grow then re-emerege.
Very strange stuff. I wish him well.................Doc
Old March 17th 08, 02:14 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Mar 14, 11:30�am, Pat Flannery wrote:
Some sort of staph infection, but surprisingly maybe not related to his
foot.
We have a photo of the suspected bacteria involved hehttp://www.creaturescape.com/intervi...n/hedorah5.jpg
They are performing endoscopic investigations on him, and you can see
the critter crawling around in him:http://www.cyberphysics.pwp.blueyond...iagrams/Light/...
Meanwhile, I'm now minus my right upper canine tooth due to decay.
This is really going to cut into my secret life as a werewolf come the
21st of the month.

Pat

to bad this is not alan
Old March 17th 08, 07:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

please pass on to him best hopes for a speedy recovery from the
pacific nw.

[caps still on the blink]
Old March 18th 08, 02:42 AM posted to sci.space.history
PGSASSOC

On Mar 17, 12:49�am, "Alan Erskine" wrote:

that black bumbass alan back in the hospp ... GOOD hope he leaves in a
bag