We Have Discovered a Few Dozen Earth-like Planets in the Goldilocks Zone

Old July 18th 18, 11:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default We Have Discovered a Few Dozen Earth-like Planets in the Goldilocks Zone

By measuring the dip in star's brightness we can determine a planet's mass

density radius and also its distance from the star. Soon we will be able to

determine if there is oxygen in the atmosphere.

So we are finding many planets that probably have life as we know it--when we

find oxygen there we will know for sure. Scientists already know we are not

alone in the universe.
Old July 18th 18, 12:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

By measuring the dip in star's brightness we can determine a planet's mass

density radius and also its distance from the star. Soon we will be able to

determine if there is oxygen in the atmosphere.

So we are finding many planets that probably have life as we know it--when we

find oxygen there we will know for sure. Scientists already know we are not

alone in the universe.

No such thing has definitively been determined, but likely, yes.

So lots of life likely, even intelligent life, yet no visits from any,
and very likely never will be. Distances between stars is far too
great.
Old July 18th 18, 03:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

BTW - if our behavior on this planet is any measure, then it's
probably a very good thing, that there is no interstellar
interactions. !
Old July 18th 18, 04:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 9:39:41 AM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:
BTW - if our behavior on this planet is any measure, then it's
probably a very good thing, that there is no interstellar
interactions. !

That may be one reason they are avoiding us.

the Goldilocks Zone Arc Michael Misc 0 February 6th 15 04:22 AM
the Goldilocks Zone Double-A[_4_] Misc 0 February 5th 15 02:40 AM
Under new definition of The Goldilocks Zone, Earth nearly doesn't qualify! Brad Guth[_3_] Astronomy Misc 2 February 2nd 13 02:16 AM
Goldilocks Zone vs. Goldilocks Planet? Yousuf Khan Astronomy Misc 51 August 18th 08 01:04 PM
Discovered: Most Earth-like planets yet Jupiter Technology 0 August 31st 04 06:32 PM