Friendship 7 + 50

Old February 20th 12, 11:19 AM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

Default Friendship 7 + 50

Presumably like a lot of people here, I'll be raising a glass today to toast
John Glenn on the fiftieth anniversary of his first mission.

And it's great that unlike Gagarin and Shepard, Glenn is still with us to
witness his anniversary.

Here's to you, John.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old February 20th 12, 10:05 PM posted to sci.space.history
Joseph Nebus

In "GordonD" writes:

Presumably like a lot of people here, I'll be raising a glass today to toast
John Glenn on the fiftieth anniversary of his first mission.

And it's great that unlike Gagarin and Shepard, Glenn is still with us to
witness his anniversary.

Here's to you, John.

_Bob the Squirrel_ cartoonist Frank Page has some thoughts
about what John Glenn's flight meant to him, and about a stupid
decision he once made:

http://www.bobthesquirrel.com/?p=1504

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: What Can One Week Prove?
Old February 21st 12, 09:51 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dr J R Stockton[_150_]

In sci.space.history message , Mon, 20
Feb 2012 10:19:16, GordonD posted:

Presumably like a lot of people here, I'll be raising a glass today to
toast John Glenn on the fiftieth anniversary of his first mission.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=o...pg=PA52&dq=%22
ham+briefing+the+first%22&source=bl&ots=PJDUHN0s3r &sig=3-SbM_clrA4taCIH2
ma-u25e_o8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cAJET43sNq-b1AX9oO2ODw&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA#v=onepag
e&q=%22ham%20briefing%20the%20first%22&f=false, top of page 52, might
amuse readers (I have the book itself - "The Moonlandings", Reginald
Turnbull, CUP).

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Turnpike v6.05.
Website http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms