is dark matter attracted by ordinary massive objects?

Old April 23rd 15, 03:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default is dark matter attracted by ordinary massive objects?

If dark matter only responds to gravitational force it should accumulate around any massive object. How is a dark matter particle different from a particle of dust, for instance (except I suppose for size)? Presumably a massive object like Jupiter, as it drifts through ubiquitous dark matter, should sweep up the stuff and get more and more massive until it becomes a black hole. This has not happened, so something is wrong with my suggestion. So, why doesn't dark matter accumulate at the center of stars etc?
Old April 23rd 15, 08:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 7:06:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
If dark matter only responds to gravitational force it should accumulate around any massive object. How is a dark matter particle different from a particle of dust, for instance (except I suppose for size)? Presumably a massive object like Jupiter, as it drifts through ubiquitous dark matter, should sweep up the stuff and get more and more massive until it becomes a black hole. This has not happened, so something is wrong with my suggestion. So, why doesn't dark matter accumulate at the center of stars etc?

A good question.

Double-A

Old April 27th 15, 11:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 12:51:46 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 7:06:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
If dark matter only responds to gravitational force it should accumulate around any massive object. How is a dark matter particle different from a particle of dust, for instance (except I suppose for size)? Presumably a massive object like Jupiter, as it drifts through ubiquitous dark matter, should sweep up the stuff and get more and more massive until it becomes a black hole. This has not happened, so something is wrong with my suggestion. So, why doesn't dark matter accumulate at the center of stars etc?

A good question.

Double-A

AA I now can safely predict the Dark Matter Theory is N.G. Just the idea that 94% of the universe is missing proves how bad it is. I'm starting to get the true picture,and will post it.TreBert