Digital camera coupling to C90

Old July 25th 03, 01:28 PM
Rod Mollise

Default Digital camera coupling to C90

"Dave Gudewicz" wrote in message ...
New here. From what I "observed" so far, you folks have a good, no very
good ng.

Q: coupling a Canon A40 to a Celestron C90; can do? Haven't seen much about
these types of things in print / catalogues.

TIA,

Dave...

Hi Dave:

Take a look at the digital camera adapters at www.scopetronix.com.
Unless your camera has a removable lens, what you'll have to do is use
it afocall. Scopetronix and others sell adapters that screw onto
certain eyepieces and then onto some digicam lenses.

Peace,
Rod

Old July 25th 03, 05:19 PM

Dave Gudewicz wrote:
New here. From what I "observed" so far, you folks have a good, no very
good ng.

Q: coupling a Canon A40 to a Celestron C90; can do? Haven't seen much about
these types of things in print / catalogues.

TIA,

Dave...

You can also check out some generic mounting brackets for just about any
tripod-mountable camera. I just received my SteadyPix from Orion and
played around with a few shots of the Sun yesterday evening. It was on
sale for $29 (normally $35) at www.telescope.com. Arrived in 6 days.
Click Accessories, then Photographic Aids. The smaller bracket clamps to
typical 1.25" eyepieces. They also include a larger bracket for large
diameter eyepieces. Advantages - generic mount, doesn't require removable
lens, permits really close eyepiece to camera lens spacing for afocal
photography. Disadvantages - not as easy to line up perfectly,
heavier/bulkier/less rigid than T-ring & adapter, potential stray light
intrusion.

Coincidentally, I too am using the Canon A40! I had to add a thin washer
under the camera mount spacer because it wasn't quite thick enough (or my
camera thread isn't quite deep enough) and the thread bottomed out before
the camera snugged up to the spacer.

Bryan
Old July 26th 03, 03:07 AM
Phil Wheeler

Most of the camera adapters are designed for 1.25 inch EP holders. So
you will need to find a 1.25 to .965 reducer -- and that might cause
some vignetting, depending on a variety of factors.

Phil

Dave Gudewicz wrote:
.96

"Phil Wheeler" wrote in message

Does the C90 take 1.25" EPs?

Phil

Old July 26th 03, 02:59 PM
Rod Mollise

Does the C90 take 1.25" EPs?

Hi:

It can. I believe the last of the breed, the g3 came setup with a 1.25"
diagonal. The addition of LAR, etc., will enable any of 'em to.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old July 27th 03, 01:43 AM
Dave Gudewicz

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

Dave...

"artwork1" wrote in message
Hi:

Not if he gets an LAR which allows one to use SCT access. on a C90 or ETX.

I use
one with a scoptronix digiT and it works great.

Jeff