OM-1 Olympus SLR for sale

Old July 24th 03, 01:31 AM
faron

Default OM-1 Olympus SLR for sale

Check out this link for info: http://www.deakin.edu.au/~peterg/omlinks.html
"faron" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I have an Olympus OM-1 SLR camera forsale.The light meter works on this
camera.I have batteries for it as well.It is complete with an:F1.8 50mm
Zuiko lens(very clean).A vivitar 2x teleconverter,Carson 135mm 2.8 lens

and
a never used T-adapter and a cable release.It has an excellent Hard Case
designed for it.This Camera is in great working condition and very clean.

Asking 375.00

Old July 24th 03, 01:31 AM
Laura Halliday

"Astronut" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
That's $350US, far more than he's asking for a top-quality camera (he's
asking $350CAD). At 395gm for the Vixen, that's indeed a light camera,
but 510gm for the body of the OM-1n isn't that much more. That's what
counter weights are for grin...

I was starting to suspect the original poster meant
$CDN350.00 (a decent price), not $US350.00 (a bit pricey).
But he never said so, and didn't think it worth
mentioning. Sigh.

FWIW, I have two OM-1 bodies (one with a Beattie Inten-
screen), an OM-2 body, Zuiko lenses from 28 to 300mm
and a Zuiko 2x teleconverter. No idea what the lot's
worth, but since it's not for sale, it doesn't matter...

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte

Old July 24th 03, 09:57 PM
Rod Mollise

There has been a recent, slight rise in the value of OM-1 cameras, but
I think it's more like a cult phenomenon than an actual demand-driven
increase. It remains the best choice for 35mm astrophotographers,
though I personally prefer the Nikow FM2N and F2

Hi:

Me too...for a couple of reasons. I never liked doing things the "Olympus Way,"
and the OM-1 I owned had a definite propensity for lockin' up...something none
of my Nikons ever did. Doesn't matter much now, anyhow...doubt I'll be shooting
too much film anytime soon.. :-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old July 25th 03, 02:25 AM
Tom Mosher

"Rod Mollise" wrote in message
There has been a recent, slight rise in the value of OM-1 cameras, but
I think it's more like a cult phenomenon than an actual demand-driven
increase. It remains the best choice for 35mm astrophotographers,
though I personally prefer the Nikow FM2N and F2

Hi:

Me too...for a couple of reasons. I never liked doing things the "Olympus

Way,"
and the OM-1 I owned had a definite propensity for lockin' up...something

none
of my Nikons ever did. Doesn't matter much now, anyhow...doubt I'll be

shooting
too much film anytime soon.. :-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Rod:

I never had problems with the three OM1's I owned (two were OM1N's). All
three were bought used and I sold them for exactly what I paid for them a
few years later.

Tom

Old July 25th 03, 10:48 PM
Doogie Hoosier

"Tom Mosher" wrote in message om...
[...]

I've had one lock up on slower shutter speeds (longer than 1/60 sec.)
in cold weather. Sometimes you could hear the shutter timer
"slow-down" on long exposures (1/4 to 1 sec). This was a camera that
had set on a shelf for several years--the problem went away on its own
after it got regular use. The factory guys say that for extended use
in cold weather the lubricant should be replaced with a thinner oil.
I've used the OM-2 (electronic shutter) in minus twenty degree weather
with no problems.

I especially liked the shutter speed dial being behind the lens. I
would have liked a viewfinder display of both shutter speed and
aperture, like the Nikon FM-2n has.