Another beautiful pass - ISS and shuttle Atlantis

Old June 20th 07, 03:37 AM posted to sci.space.station
w9gb

Default Another beautiful pass - ISS and shuttle Atlantis

July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)

Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

w9gb

Old June 20th 07, 06:54 PM posted to sci.space.station
Craig Fink

w9gb wrote:

July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)

Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

Cool, always nice to get a bonus :-)

Me, I'm hoping they use the second landing opportunity into KSC Thursday,
Friday, Sat... I'll get to hear them fly over Houston again. That was great
on the last mission.
Old June 21st 07, 06:30 AM posted to sci.space.station
Barbara Needham

w9gb wrote:

July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)

Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

w9gb

I saw it in California.. very cool. Someone told me when & where to
look.. wasn't even sure it was space station until seeing shuttle
following along behind. It was about 9:30 pdt here.
Old June 21st 07, 01:12 PM posted to sci.space.station
w9gb

"Craig Fink" wrote in message
nk.net...
w9gb wrote:

July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)

Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

Cool, always nice to get a bonus :-)

Me, I'm hoping they use the second landing opportunity into KSC Thursday,
Friday, Sat... I'll get to hear them fly over Houston again. That was
great
on the last mission.

Yes, appeared again last night -- the Atlantis shuttle trailing length was
about double from the previous night observation.
The flight path arced above Venus and Saturn and Moon in western sky.
Both headed into eclipse near Jupiter in SE sky.

Can't wait till final solar array is installed -- should increase magnitude
again!

gb

Old June 22nd 07, 09:10 PM posted to sci.space.station
Vincent D. DeSimone

July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)

Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

w9gb

I saw ISS 9:40PM EDT from 4 mi. south of Pittsburgh, NW to SE, with Atlantis
30 seconds behind. What a show! Clear clean sky, with bright Venus to the
West.

Old June 22nd 07, 09:44 PM posted to sci.space.station
Gene Seibel

On Jun 19, 8:37 pm, "w9gb" wrote:
July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)

Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

w9gb

Nice clear bright pass on the 20th here in St Louis area and visible
through wispy clouds on the 21st.
--
Gene Seibel
Daughter Becca's Jewelry - http://pad39a.com/stelle_sheen