The Universe Was Created For The Glory Of God

Old July 4th 06, 12:12 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Alan Anderson

Default The Universe Was Created For The Glory Of God

In article ,
Douglas Berry wrote:

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-- Benjamin Franklin.

(Unfortunately, that "proof" assumes the premise that beer is good, a
sentiment to which I do not subscribe. I think it tastes nasty.)
Old July 4th 06, 12:13 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Mike Schilling

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message
news
What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

Begone, foul non-beer-drinking-at-night-games heretic!

Old July 4th 06, 12:34 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Douglas Berry wrote:
Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day

baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

But they made a mistake and created doubleheaders, and people got drunk
off their asses and woke up the next morning in the restroom of 3
Rivers Stadium.

(Once on a charter trip to 3 rivers some guy got so drunk in the double
header, that he never made it back to the bus. Whether he woke up in
the restroom is sheer speculation, but hey they is the group for
speculative fiction, right?)

Of course if they got drunk say at Candlestick, and still woke up in
Pittsburgh, well that just like the magic wardrobe in the Lion the
witch and the Wardrobe, right?

Old July 4th 06, 12:51 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Enkidu[_1_]

Douglas Berry wrote in
news
What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much
work and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

Bull****! This universe is actually hell for sume higher universe. As
proof, I remind you that bagpipes exist!

--
Enkidu AA#2165
http://www.thoughts.leaddogs.org/

"The United States is not a Christian nation any more than it is a
Jewish or a Mohammedan nation."
-- Treaty of Tripoli (1797)
Old July 4th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
skyeyes

Douglas Berry wrote:

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

I'm sorry that you and Sea Wasp are so critically short of information,
Doug, but the fact is, the Universe and Everything was created by and
for cats. You old Silly, you.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes at dakotacom dot net

Old July 4th 06, 01:06 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Enkidu[_1_]

Alan Anderson wrote in
:

In article ,
Douglas Berry wrote:

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much
work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-- Benjamin Franklin.

(Unfortunately, that "proof" assumes the premise that beer is good, a
sentiment to which I do not subscribe. I think it tastes nasty.)

Drink some good stuff, perhaps some Karl Strauss Woodie Gold on West
Mission Bay Drive. With pizza. Better still, sail from DeAnza Cove in a
Snark, beach the boat in Santa Barbara Cove, win the race, Joe, your
buddy with the slow boat pays for that beer and pizza.

Best beer I ever had was last Thursday. Perfect temp, not too cold.

--
Enkidu AA#2165
http://www.thoughts.leaddogs.org/
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,
ULC, Modesto, CA

Man is a marvelous curiosity, he thinks he is the Creator's pet, he even
believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to
admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays
to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea.
-- Mark Twain
Old July 4th 06, 01:08 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Enkidu[_1_]

" wrote in
oups.com:

Douglas Berry wrote:
Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day

baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

But they made a mistake and created doubleheaders, and people got drunk
off their asses and woke up the next morning in the restroom of 3
Rivers Stadium.

Yeah? What's your point? Everyone's gotta wake up somewhere.

--
Enkidu AA#2165
http://www.thoughts.leaddogs.org/
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,
ULC, Modesto, CA

Now Playing:

The moral and religious teachings of no bible reach a higher altitude
than the intelligence and mental development of the age and country which
produced it.
-- Kersey Graves
Old July 4th 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
\Mark T\

"Sound of Trumpet" wrote:

So to me it is unimaginable that Homo sapiens will still exist on earth
ten million years from now, except perhaps by some remote chance in
zoos or special preserves, a throwback much like Przewalski's horse.

Yep!

So,what would pe a point of the Universe,that is "going to go on for
billions of year without us", assuming it was created for us ?

We ain't the centre of the universe and the universe was not especiually
created for us. We're just visiting this universe. This universe is not
our home.

You stated,that G-d will interven to prevent the end of the universe...but
when?

God does what God does. Prediction of God's mind is a risky business.

Not that I'm aware of. When discussing *cosmology* they refer to these
things. When discussing eschatology, they usually refer to the coming
of Christ in glory on the Last Day, and to various supernatural and
geopolitical events they expect to see.

Is it true or wishful thinking ... OR metaphor?

I think it is more use of metaphor.

But then again, I also see no particular reason why, if he chooses, God
could not bring this particular universe to an end in the next five
seconds.

That too!

Old July 4th 06, 01:45 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Enkidu[_1_]

"\"Mark T\"" thinkaboutwh@youaredoing987576875686585485445 wrote in
:

God does what God does. Prediction of God's mind is a risky business.

A lot of people seem pretty sure of God's mind. I understand from some
that He hates gays, from others that He hates abortion. Still others
claim that He hates Jews, blacks, Mormons, atheists, Muslims, Christians,
etc. In fact, I doubt that there's any group in the history of mankind
who has not been hated by one or more of their neighbors' god or gods.

If Christians quit predicting God's wants and acting as His proxy, the
rest of us might find it easier to get along with them

--
Enkidu AA#2165
http://www.thoughts.leaddogs.org/
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,
ULC, Modesto, CA

Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for
every noble enterprize, every expanded prospect.
-- James Madison
Old July 4th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
GoDrex

"Sound of Trumpet" wrote in message
oups.com...
Space colonization: Ain't gonna happen. We will build a thriving
metropolis in Antarctica before we build a modest sustainable colony on
Mars. And Mars is about the limit of our spacefaring. We ain't *never*
getting off the earth. And so will eventually die one of our favorite
ersatz eschatons: the infinite proliferation of the human race
throughout the cosmos. We'll stay right here and take our medicine till
Christ returns.

This is so typical of religious thought. Don't bother even thinking! Don't
discover! (like the dumb ass Pope said) Just hang out and wait for Jesus.