Telescopic Tracking of the Apollo Lunar Missions

Old May 19th 04, 06:09 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default Telescopic Tracking of the Apollo Lunar Missions

Bill Keel of the University of Alabama has put up a web page about
observations of the Apollo missions to the Moon.
Apollo 8 was widely observed from the UK and the predicted path of
Apollo 12 was shown on TV, so I can't be the only person who saw it :-)
You'll find my drawing and a link on my web site at
http://www.merseia.fsnet.co.uk/index.html and here's the address if
you don't want to pay me a visit
http://www.astr.ua.edu/keel/space/apollo.html
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old May 19th 04, 06:21 PM
Lawrence

On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:09:00 +0100, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

Bill Keel of the University of Alabama has put up a web page about
observations of the Apollo missions to the Moon.
Apollo 8 was widely observed from the UK and the predicted path of
Apollo 12 was shown on TV, so I can't be the only person who saw it :-)
You'll find my drawing and a link on my web site at
http://www.merseia.fsnet.co.uk/index.html and here's the address if
you don't want to pay me a visit
http://www.astr.ua.edu/keel/space/apollo.html

Interesting aspect. Mind you, it seems that the date - time stamp may be a
little in error (Last changes May 2005).

As has been mentioned on many occasions, Apollo was tracked not only visually
(where possible), but radio amateurs tracked the Doppler shift and one or two
followed it right to the surface. Thousands of amateurs were involved and
untold numbers of independent professionals.

Only Minnie Bannister and Eccles the Jones (and their ilk) remain blind to the
joy of the missions all those years ago.

Lawrence

Old May 20th 04, 09:28 AM
Maurice Gavin

wrote:

Bill Keel of the University of Alabama has put up a web page about
observations of the Apollo missions to the Moon.
Apollo 8 was widely observed from the UK and the predicted path of
Apollo 12 was shown on TV, so I can't be the only person who saw it :-)
You'll find my drawing and a link on my web site at
http://www.merseia.fsnet.co.uk/index.html and here's the address if
you don't want to pay me a visit
http://www.astr.ua.edu/keel/space/apollo.html

I've responded to Bill's email with my observation of the Apollo LOX
dump in S&T at the time and on my webpage

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/apollo12.htm

Maurice Gavin @ WPO - Sueery UK

Old May 20th 04, 07:03 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Maurice Gavin
writes
wrote:

Bill Keel of the University of Alabama has put up a web page about
observations of the Apollo missions to the Moon.
Apollo 8 was widely observed from the UK and the predicted path of
Apollo 12 was shown on TV, so I can't be the only person who saw it :-)
You'll find my drawing and a link on my web site at
http://www.merseia.fsnet.co.uk/index.html and here's the address if
you don't want to pay me a visit
http://www.astr.ua.edu/keel/space/apollo.html

I've responded to Bill's email with my observation of the Apollo LOX
dump in S&T at the time and on my webpage

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/apollo12.htm

Thanks Maurice. Do you have a reproduction of the Bonn Observatory
picture?
I was interested to read about the S-IVB being in eccentric Earth orbit.
Presumably it was perturbed into heliocentric orbit until its return in
2002.
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old May 20th 04, 07:35 PM
Maurice Gavin

On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:03:11 +0100, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

I've responded to Bill's email with my observation of the Apollo LOX
dump in S&T at the time and on my webpage

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/apollo12.htm

Thanks Maurice. Do you have a reproduction of the Bonn Observatory
picture?
I was interested to read about the S-IVB being in eccentric Earth orbit.
Presumably it was perturbed into heliocentric orbit until its return in
2002.

Sorry Jon - can't help.

Lunar base and space manufacturing books for sale Martin Bayer Policy 0 May 1st 04 04:57 PM
The apollo faq the inquirer Misc 4 April 15th 04 04:45 AM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM
If Liberty bells hatch hadnt blown? Hallerb History 28 August 30th 03 02:57 AM