Fresh Saturn...

Old December 15th 03, 11:20 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Fresh Saturn...

This could be a mistake but the novelty is inviting me to try...
Saturn captured on my laptop and wirelessly sent to my website.
Colours look ok to me but then I am more or less (red laptop screen
permitting) dark adapted...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/Saturn/sat15122003-001.jpg

Typed with an ice finger!
--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old December 15th 03, 11:32 PM
ChrisH

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:20:51 +0000, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

This could be a mistake but the novelty is inviting me to try...
Saturn captured on my laptop and wirelessly sent to my website.
Colours look ok to me but then I am more or less (red laptop screen
permitting) dark adapted...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/Saturn/sat15122003-001.jpg

Typed with an ice finger!

Looks a bit orange Pete - take the red screen off... :-)

ChrisH

UK Astro Ads: http://www.UKAstroAds.co.uk
Old December 16th 03, 12:11 AM
Pete Lawrence

This one's better...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/Saturn/sat15122003-006.jpg

Old December 16th 03, 11:17 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:11:16 +0000, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

This one's better...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawrence1/Saturn/sat15122003-006.jpg

Having a converasation with myself...;-)

That one looks a bit dark on my work monitor but ok on my laptop -
doh! I'll sort it out later!
--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old December 16th 03, 09:55 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:49:02 +0100, "SeB" wrote:

Nice shot Pete, considering that you used a 4" !
You guys are lucky, here in Belgium we got clouds since few weeks, my second
hand C8 is ready I'm very impatient to use it on Saturn.
Saturn will be at the closest position since 29 years the 31st December!!
I can't wait...grrrr

Hi SeB - yes the weather's not been great in the UK either. A really
long period of cloud and gloom starting roughly at the time of the
eclipse. Last night was fantastic in that it was clear and still.
Seeing improved throughout the session marginally which helped the
imaging process.

Final version is now up on my homepage. I've combined two registax
runs (1500 frames + 1200 frames) with a bit of PhotoShop tweaking. As
you say - quite nice for a 4" ;-)