Exploiting the Moon and saving the Earth

Old December 15th 05, 02:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science

Default Exploiting the Moon and saving the Earth

Terrell Miller,
What's your naysay (anti-everything under the sun) problem?

I know that I'm sufficiently right about the worth of folks having the
LSE-CM/ISS up and running, of what it'll mean having a serious depot
that's 60,000 km above the deck. I also realize the importance of
having lunar processed basalt as made into various composites. Whereas
you seem to know so much about our apparently passive and nonreactive
moon that's based upon your soft-science and of your conditional laws
of physics.

There's darn little value in walking upon our moon, especially in broad
sunlight, since we'll hardly be capable of safely deploying all that
much technology without involving fly-by-rocket lander technology that
is yet to be proven. Perhaps you should first come up with a viable
lander that'll manage to safely deploy itself plus spare tonnage.

Your being dumbfounded if not intentionally obstructive about all of
this is the least of your problems.

If not limited to yourself; why are you speaking on behalf of others?
-
Brad Guth

Old December 16th 05, 05:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science

Wayne Throop,
I appreciate the feedback, whereas this sub-topic that's involving a
lunar space elevator is all about hard-science, the regular laws of
physics and good visualisation. If you can't visualise you simply can't
possibly contribute to the task at hand.

LL1/ME-L1 represents an interactive but manageable zone of micro-G or
lesser forces.

As a somewhat gravity quiet zone suggested as a containment field by
Erik Max Francis, I can't imagine this "kidney bean shaped lazy orbit"
amounting to much more than +/- 500 km worth of lateral or halo
displacement, and perhaps +/- 5,000 km worth of give and take for going
the long direction of this kidney bean that's looking a whole lot more
like a fat worm, with nothing much happening all that fast nor
unpredictably within this zone. I believe that as long as the CM/ISS is
given some slack in order to move as an element about the zone is where
we're talking about extremely slight alterations in the worth of
gravity, being perhaps at most +/- 1e-6G and otherwise at the very
least representing forces of +/- 1e-9G.

Even at the least possible gravity forces, of whatever containment
potential is most likely limited to being a containment of a near
vacuum rather than hosting physical items. That is unless being
artificially managed within this quiet zone.

Staging the CM/ISS sphere as being tethered a bit towards the Earth
side of this elongated kidney bean seems a likely alternative for
establishing a slight Earthly positive gravity pull on behalf of the
primary tethers as having been anchored into the moon. Secondly,
there's an amount of centrifugal force to benefit tether tensioning,
and then we have the fully interactive tether dipole element that's
reaching to within 25,000 km of mother Earth that is going to be most
useful as it's termination platform is reeled in or out in order to
suit the tethered LSE-CM/ISS station-keeping task at hand.

Some basic numbers on the Counter Mass and International Space Station
depot within, as parked and tethered roughly 60,000 km off the lunar
deck (61738 km from moon center).

CM/ISS external sphere at 1280 meters = 1.0981e9 m3
Internal sphere (ISS abode) at 1244 meters = 1.008e9 m3
18 meter thick composite shell at 2.75t/m3 = 50t/m2
250e6 tonnes empty/inert, meaning no tethers, no dipole element

Primary Centripetal Force:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/cf.html#cf
Based upon a radius of 61.738e3 km and 164.364 m/s = 109,395,852 N
(11.155e3 t)

If we're talking about involving at most +/- 1e-6G offsets is why we'd
be having to use 250 tonnes of tether or auxiliary force as necessary
for the station keeping management of 250 million tonnes. However, if
at times we're down to +/- 1e-9G should represent that as little as 250
kg of auxiliary force would be in control of the same 250e6 tonnes. Of
one artificial method for available energy as thrust could be derived
from a breeder reactor of Ra--Rn--ion that should not be all that
insignificant as per a given m2 worth of ion thrusting, of which might
far exceed 1g/cm2, to as great as 100 g/cm2.

Regular centripetal forces of 11.155e3 tonnes and complex pseudoforces
involving the fully adjustable amount of tether dipole induced forces
would increase as the CM/ISS mass increases. The interactive tether
dipole element should more than help establish and regulate the
necessary primary tensioning requirements for keeping the moon anchored
tethers as tight as desired. Since every aspect of each element is
adaptable to becoming as much and/or as little impact as necessary, as
such I can't see where there's an insurmountable problem. Once fully
established, I can't foresee where instabilities could exist that
shouldn't be easily resolved with a little preemptive compensation.

Wayne Throop's "analogous to charged particles being trapped in a
magnetic containment" seems to be suggesting that once established at
LL1/ME-L1 is where the necessary counterforces for keeping such things
under control might not be so horrific. Too bad that after 45 years and
counting, we still haven't so much as a microsatellite feeding us
hard-science information from within this zone. Of course, we haven't
obtained hard-science on raw ice in space, nor have we much of anything
other than remote obtained science that's specifically related to our
moon.

It seems that certain folks (MIB and other Aryan types of naysayers)
don't care for my "MICROSATELLITES; how small? How cheap?" topic
because it's suggesting as to what has been doable for decades,
especially microsatellite doable as of the last decade. Of course, just
out of their social/political and religious spite they don't like my
discoveries about Venus or of anything else I happen to have become
involved with.

The R&D problems resides not with the required engineering and
instalment of the lunar space elevator, but with the limited if not
bigoted imaginations of those focused upon being the official Usenet
naysayers and otherwise willing to invest all of their dark forces and
whatever their expertise into destroying any future that's the least
bit outside of their mainstream box. Of course, this is exactly what
brought us into a perpetrated cold-war that has cost us trillions upon
trillions, insured 911 would happen, and will likely become responsible
for delivering WW-III (our NAS squadrons along with other special
operations didn't just fly around the world 50 times for no good
reason).
-
Brad Guth

Old December 16th 05, 10:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science

Exploiting the Moon and saving the Earth (moderated)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...565c0c3e0b7fc8
Pekka P. Pirinen;
A: what sort of fool continues reading after an opening line like this?
B: what sort of fool imagines anyone *else* will continue reading after
an opening line like this?

C: obviously another damn snookered fool on the hill exactly like
yourself.

How does it feel being lied to and summarily snookered for most all of
your life?

How does if feel being so thoroughly dumbfounded by folks having "the
right stuff"?

In case some of you nice folks are so dumb and dumber that you haven't
noticed; I'm just returning the warm and fuzzy favor of bashing upon
those that haven't an honest soul nor a stitch of remorse between
themselves, whereas I'm very much like the exact opposite of our
resident warlord(GW Bush) that doesn't really give a tinkers damn about
Islamic folks or of Muslims that so happen to be sitting upon an oily
rock, nor for that matter of his caring less about the lower-middle
class and poor of this country that apparently can't swim nearly as
fast as his global warming plan of action is causing oceans to rise,
generating worse storms and nasty floods to boot, while continuing to
defrost and pollute just about everything else in sight at the
continuing risk of ****ing off the other half of this world.

What's funny about our not setting a good example and of subsequently
not having been leading all of humanity in the right direction?

What's funny about creating and deploying microsatellites that could
survive their controlled crash landings upon our moon for less than ten
cents on the dollar?

What's funny about establishing the LSE-CM/ISS as our next best
do-everything go-between?

What's the least bit funny about other life as having been coexisting
upon Venus?

What's so funny about locally creating unlimited supplies of H2O2 and
LH2 from any number of green renewable 25 kw/m2 footprints upon Earth?

What's so "alt.humor.best-of-usenet (moderated)" funny about any of
that?
-
Brad Guth