Toucam with Windows Vista

Old April 10th 07, 09:54 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Pat Clough

Default Toucam with Windows Vista

Help folks!
I have a brand new laptop running Vista Home Premium. I was told that my 6
month old Toucam (runs fine with XP on my desktop) would work with Vista. It
does not!
No sign of new drivers on the Philips website.
Anyone found a solution to this??
TIA

(I have even bought a Celestron NexImage, advertised as compatible with XP
'and better'.
It won't install either. Even with latest drivers from their website. Took
it back today.)

Do any of the presently available cameras work with Vista?

Health, Wealth and Happiness

Pat

-----------------
-----------------
Old April 10th 07, 10:16 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul Clark

See

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthrea.../1#Post1426484

Old April 10th 07, 10:19 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul Clark

Maybe...

http://members.cox.net/t.jensen/drivers.html

Old April 10th 07, 10:22 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John[_11_]

Pat Clough wrote:
Help folks!
I have a brand new laptop running Vista Home Premium. I was told that my 6
month old Toucam (runs fine with XP on my desktop) would work with Vista. It
does not!
No sign of new drivers on the Philips website.
Anyone found a solution to this??
TIA

(I have even bought a Celestron NexImage, advertised as compatible with XP
'and better'.
It won't install either. Even with latest drivers from their website. Took
it back today.)

Do any of the presently available cameras work with Vista?

Health, Wealth and Happiness

Pat

Hi Pat,

Because of further software problems you might encounter with Vista in
its early stages, I would consider dual booting into Windows XP.

Regards,
John.
Old April 11th 07, 02:44 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul Smith

"Paul Clark" wrote in message
Maybe...

http://members.cox.net/t.jensen/drivers.html

These drivers do work for 32-bit Windows Vista.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Old April 11th 07, 02:47 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul Smith

"Pat Clough" wrote in message
Help folks!
I have a brand new laptop running Vista Home Premium. I was told that my 6
month old Toucam (runs fine with XP on my desktop) would work with Vista.
It does not!
No sign of new drivers on the Philips website.
Anyone found a solution to this??

I raised the issue over a year ago with Philips, who simply said they
weren't going to provide any drivers.

Do any of the presently available cameras work with Vista?

The Toucam does work (video only on 32-bit) with the drivers that Paul Clark
linked to.