Rain, Rain, Cold Overcast, and more Rain...

Old December 14th 09, 07:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
TBerk

Default Rain, Rain, Cold Overcast, and more Rain...

and this is supposed to be Sunny California. Well, it's Northern
California, (and I actually _like_ the rain. It makes the brown hills
green for a few months.)

But damn, I was just getting geared up for winter time night viewing
and it's been poor conditions overhead for a few weeks now.

(I'm sure there has been gaps in the clouds, but I've been known to
sleep too.)

Well, lets see what lemon pie I can get from this, er; Oh! the skies
are getting a good scrubbing right now. Yeah, that's the ticket.

berk
Old December 14th 09, 06:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

TBerk wrote:
and this is supposed to be Sunny California. Well, it's Northern
California, (and I actually _like_ the rain. It makes the brown hills
green for a few months.)

But damn, I was just getting geared up for winter time night viewing
and it's been poor conditions overhead for a few weeks now.

(I'm sure there has been gaps in the clouds, but I've been known to
sleep too.)

Well, lets see what lemon pie I can get from this, er; Oh! the skies
are getting a good scrubbing right now. Yeah, that's the ticket.

berk

Had good visibility last night, but saw only one streak.
Then after 10 minutes clouds started covering the sky.
Old December 15th 09, 11:47 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
TBerk

On Dec 14, 10:49*am, Sjouke Burry
wrote:

Had good visibility last night, but saw only one streak.
Then after 10 minutes clouds started covering the sky.

Well, I've been collecting in the mean time; two pair binoculars, two
medium size conventional 'scopes, and the dusty & in need of
collimation, pos, Tasco/Nova Newtonian black tube of death.

sigh

berk

Rain is Sent Down in due Measure Hamady Astronomy Misc 4 September 4th 08 05:39 PM
Red Rain Theory Winnifred Misc 2 July 15th 06 07:25 PM
After the Rain Starlord Amateur Astronomy 2 April 3rd 06 05:28 AM
S.Cal Rain Out starlord Amateur Astronomy 22 October 30th 04 11:31 AM