$4 billion a month!

Old September 19th 03, 11:17 PM
Rand Simberg

Default $4 billion a month!

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:47:10 -0700, in a place far, far away, Hop
David made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Of course all of the above is hogwash. Just as Rand predicted, we
promptly killed or detained most of Saddam's henchmen,

I didn't predict we'd do it promptly. We haven't gotten them all yet
( particularly Saddam).

rest of strawman snipped

Old September 20th 03, 07:15 AM
Hop David

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:47:10 -0700, in a place far, far away, Hop
David made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Of course all of the above is hogwash. Just as Rand predicted, we
promptly killed or detained most of Saddam's henchmen,

I didn't predict we'd do it promptly. We haven't gotten them all yet
( particularly Saddam).

In a July 30 post you seemed to believe the detention of Saddam & his
gang was just around the corner:

"At some point (we may not be quite there yet, but I suspect we're
close) there will be a tipping point at which people will feel safe to
come forward. Certainly once Saddam's gone, they'll be much more
comfortable to do so, not only telling us where the WMDs are buried,
but where his remaining supporters are as well."

Just how close do you suspect we are now? Care to venture a time frame?

Hop
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old September 20th 03, 10:38 PM
Sander Vesik

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:15:55 -0700, in a place far, far away, Hop
David made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

I didn't predict we'd do it promptly. We haven't gotten them all yet
( particularly Saddam).

In a July 30 post you seemed to believe the detention of Saddam & his
gang was just around the corner:

"At some point (we may not be quite there yet, but I suspect we're
close) there will be a tipping point at which people will feel safe to
come forward. Certainly once Saddam's gone, they'll be much more
comfortable to do so, not only telling us where the WMDs are buried,
but where his remaining supporters are as well."

Just how close do you suspect we are now? Care to venture a time frame?

Months, not years.

Which is why the number of US soldiers killed in attacks per day is going
up, why the member of Iraqi council was shot in broad daylight and why
there has been no progress on either the WMD nor teh terrorist connections
- onthe contrary, even US now officialy accpepts there was no connection
to Al-Quaeda. The fundamental problem around which there is no way is that
the large majority of Iraqi don't see any reason why occupation by the
US is any better than oppression by Saddam.

The only ones thinkingthe resitance relates to Saddam appear to be
the US and Saddam, and nither display any touch with reality.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old September 21st 03, 12:12 AM
Rand Simberg

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:38:33 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
Sander Vesik made the phosphor on my

Just how close do you suspect we are now? Care to venture a time frame?

Months, not years.

Which is why the number of US soldiers killed in attacks per day is going
up,

Where do you get all this misinformation?