Bush administration to adopt Artemis Society plan for moon mission...

Old January 13th 04, 01:09 PM
Dholmes

Default Bush administration to adopt Artemis Society plan for moon mission...

"Tom Merkle" wrote in message
om...
Actually I have no real factual basis for this. But when you look at
the details, they're not too dissimilar. NASA uses as much publicity
as possible to build support for its plans, much as the ASI Reference
mission is designed to make its profits from the proceeds of
proprietary video & lunar rocks.

Got a link to the Artemis plan?

Just as an interesting aside--I wonder what the current going rate for
a couple grams of regolith is? NASA is sitting on a large inventory
that it would be wise to dump while supplies are still low. If Bush's
plans pan out, regolith cost will bottom out fairly soon.

If memory serves it went for much more then $1,000 dollars per millionth of
a gram when auctioned.
1000 kgs a year would IMO probably flood the market and you would probably
be lucky to get $1,000 per gram.

Old January 13th 04, 03:11 PM
Christopher

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:09:58 GMT, "Dholmes"
wrote:

. com...

http://www.asi.org/