Light angle of attack on moon doesn't make sense.

Old December 3rd 06, 12:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy.solar
james@j,a,m,e,s,p,h,o,t,o,g,r,a,p,h,y.ca

Default Light angle of attack on moon doesn't make sense.

This has fascinated me for a while; I must be overlooking something.

Seemingly the sun's rays hit the moon at an angle that often don't
make sense when considering the sun has set. See
http://www.jamesphotography.ca/moon.jpg which was shot about 1/2 an
hour following sunset. The camera was level.

We're observing 3-d objects in 3-d space, so distances make no
difference when analysing this from a geometry standpoint. And what
we're looking at isn't some curved inside-of-a-bowl phenomena; again,
it's all 3 dimensional.

Insights?

--jim