NASA To Send New Oxygen Generating System To ISS

Old February 11th 06, 02:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy

Default NASA To Send New Oxygen Generating System To ISS

NASA To Send New Oxygen Generating System To ISS
http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/NA..._To_ISS.h tml

Maybe I've been reading too many MMM(Moon Miner's Manifesto), but when
I read the above article and realized that they were venting the
Hydrogen overboard, I go to myself "no, No, NO! Do you realize how
valuable that H is! The Moon could really use that!" ;^)

But I understand how much energy would be need to liquify it and store
it and keep it from boiling off. I also cringe whenever I hear that
they are loading up another progress with trash and burning it up over
the ocean. All that good H,C & N, plus whatever else they have on
there, going to waste!

I wonder if this would work, take a tether, attach it to a Progress
and tie it into the output of the SM solar array and see how feasible
it would be to boost the Progress up into a storage orbit where it
could be retrieved at some later time?
I guess the question is, how much power can those Solar panels
generate?
Especially after being on orbit for over 6months
Also how high of an orbit would it require to be safe from reentry and
also safe from collision with other debree?

Just my $0.02

Space Cadet

derwetzelsDASHspacecadetATyahooDOTcom

Moon Society - St. Louis Chapter

http://www.moonsociety.org/chapters/stlouis/

The Moon Society is a non-profit educational and
scientific foundation formed to further scientific
study and development of the moon.