Deadly Gravity Wave Approaching EARTH

Old October 27th 11, 06:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Deadly Gravity Wave Approaching EARTH

On Oct 27, 4:59*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Oct 16, 10:44*am, "Rocky" wrote:

Reality is gravity waves have yet to be found.. I think its time to
say that gravity has a field but no waves. *TreBert

* ---------- *Reply below *----------

There could be a 1000 sub atomic particles that we do not even know about
yet. *So gravity could still be something spinning in a corkscrew manner.

Gravity makes no waves. *TreBert

Don't be so absolute certain about that. If gravity isn't moving
relative to Earth, then there's not a wave to behold.

A WD of 2e30 kg passing through our solar system at 30 km/sec
relative to us, and if missing us by 0.1 AU (14.9e6 km), would likely
tare our mostly fluid planet to shreds, although our mostly fused
solid moon could survive at least until it ran into big chunks of
Earth. Even a 0.5 AU near miss would be extremely problematic, if not
lethal to most life on Earth as it blew and sucked a good portion of
our atmosphere away, and to think 1(+/- .5) Ms WDs can't be all that
uncommon if only 3% of the nearly 1e12 stars (including RDs) are
available as WDs.

That’s 3e10 WDs and perhaps another 3e9 NSs to consider as solar
system worthy killers, not to mention what the closing Andromeda
galaxy will toss at us with a 300 km/s differential. The gravity
wave from the next Sirius encounter could get real interesting,
especially as our Oort cloud interacts with the Sirius Oort cloud,
plus any wandering planets that Sirius(B) as having lost its tidal
radii grip could be worth paying attention to.

http://translate.google.com/#
Old October 27th 11, 11:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 13, 2:47*pm, "Rocky" wrote:
Deadly Gravity Wave Approaching EARTH
*http://youtu.be/96cB-HUpAXU

Uploaded by J7409 on Oct 13, 2011

Gravity is the overall big-picture problem for us. Though locally
there's not so much gravity to fear as actual shards of paramagnetic
basalt from our moon, plus whatever from the arriving asteroid that’ll
be attracted by the combined gravity of Earth and our moon.
Unfortunately, Earth will eventually get 2/3 of it.

This asteroid (2005 YU55) is arriving too damn fast to get captured,
but it’s certainly capable of demonstrating a method of capture should
it have a glancing lithobraking encounter with our moon.

Perhaps our crack FEMA and NOAA are simply getting themselves prepared
for a seriously nasty big one (somewhat like our DoD and Pentagon were
off playing war games based upon a large commercial aircraft smacking
into tall buildings on the exact same day as such was actually
happening). Does anyone here believe in Karma?

This one is serious Warhol doom and gloom, and especially doom worthy
if this bad-boy trajectory should drift by any micro-fraction of a
degree and whack into our moon.
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/images/comet...et20110502.gif
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...asteroid-flyby
http://www.universetoday.com/85360/t...h-in-november/
Perhaps this November 9th asteroid (2005 YU55) as a 400 meter
diameter worth of unknown mass (being that it’s so spherical could
suggest a rather solid item of mostly nickel iron), passing through at
38 km/sec with its NEO distance of 324,600 km could conceivably manage
to hit our moon at 13 km/sec. Too bad the regular JPL asteroid NEO
simulator can’t muster up any specifics on how close it’ll get to our
physically dark and naked moon. It looks as though it’ll miss the
moon by roughly a little more than 0.5 LD as depicted in this
following link.
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/images/comet...et20110502.gif
No doubt we’ll see a little fine tuning with their graphic simulation
as it gets closer. A moon impact would not give us much time if some
of the secondary shards are coming our way at 10+ km/sec, and of
course there’s even a slight chance of a glancing blow whereas this
item mostly survives its lithobraking encounter and subsequently
becomes slowed down but otherwise more attracted to the Earth+moon
gravity well.

As far as anyone knows, this one has never gotten so close, so it’ll
be interesting to see how much revising of its NEO simulation takes
place, which should also tell us its mass.

http://translate.google.com/#
Old October 28th 11, 12:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 13, 2:47*pm, "Rocky" wrote:
Deadly Gravity Wave Approaching EARTH
*http://youtu.be/96cB-HUpAXU

Uploaded by J7409 on Oct 13, 2011

Gravity is the overall big-picture problem for us, because as is more
people seem to die because of encountering or having to deal with
gravity than anything else (Pandora has the right amount of gravity,
as in hardly any). Though locally there's not so much gravity to fear
as there could be actual shards of paramagnetic basalt from our moon,
plus whatever parts from the arriving asteroid that’ll be attracted by
the combined gravity of Earth and our moon. Unfortunately, Earth will
eventually get 2/3 of it (again due to gravity, just like all them
dinosaurs had to pay the ultimate price due to gravity and that item
or several which impacted Earth).

Old October 28th 11, 12:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

YOU'D BETTER MOVE TO VENUS, GOOFY!

THE BORG ARE WAITING FOR YOU THERE!

****ING IDIOT!

Saul Levy

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:03:26 -0700 (PDT), Brad Guth
wrote:

Don't be so absolute certain about that. If gravity isn't moving
relative to Earth, then there's not a wave to behold.

A WD of 2e30 kg passing through our solar system at 30 km/sec
relative to us, and if missing us by 0.1 AU, would likely tare our
planet to shreds. Even a 0.5 AU near miss would be extremely
problematic, if not lethal to most life on Earth as it blew and sucked
a good portion of our atmosphere away, and to think 1 Ms WDs can't be
all that uncommon.

Brad Guth, I AM INSANE!

Old October 28th 11, 03:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

LITHOBRAKE YOUR ASS TO VENUS, GOOF!

Saul Levy

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:53:12 -0700 (PDT), Brad Guth
wrote:

Gravity is the overall big-picture problem for us. Though locally
there's not so much gravity to fear as actual shards of paramagnetic
basalt from our moon, plus whatever from the arriving asteroid that’ll
be attracted by the combined gravity of Earth and our moon.
Unfortunately, Earth will eventually get 2/3 of it.

This asteroid (2005 YU55) is arriving too damn fast to get captured,
but it’s certainly capable of demonstrating a method of capture should
it have a glancing lithobraking encounter with our moon.

Brad Guth, MORE STUPIDITY FROM GOOFY!