Eclipse Photo

Old February 21st 08, 04:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Eclipse Photo

To my very great amazement, the weather cleared shortly after the
partial eclipse began. I had reconfigured the observatory a bit
yesterday just in case of clear weather, putting a 40D on the Questar
Duplex and switching the CCD camera to the Tak Epsilon, hoping maybe I
can catch Saturn _and_ the Moon during mid-eclipse.

Anyway, I'm getting lots of decent pics (a toast to Mac "screen
sharing," which makes remote operation of 'scope and cameras from the
comfort of my house a breeze!)

http://www.davidillig.com/ast-eclipse080220.shtml for your viewing
pleasure.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old February 21st 08, 05:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
George Normandin[_1_]

"Davoud" wrote
Anyway, I'm getting lots of decent pics......

Cool image Davoud!

I've been watching a live webcam view of the eclipse from Argentina when
warming up. Hopefully my friends who were brave enough to go to our
observatory got some good images thru our 6-inch Astro-Physics refractor or
80mm Brandon.

OK..... time to go back out and see the rest of the show!

George N

Old February 21st 08, 10:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
John Nichols

"George Normandin" wrote in message

"Davoud" wrote
Anyway, I'm getting lots of decent pics......

Cool image Davoud!

I have to take George's word for it, as it doesn't show at all at 4:47PM
today's date.

Old February 22nd 08, 07:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Davoud:
http://www.davidillig.com/ast-eclipse080220.shtml for your viewing
pleasure.

George Normandin:
Cool image Davoud!

John Nichols
I have to take George's word for it, as it doesn't show at all at 4:47PM
today's date.

Thanks for posting that.

Would you believe my dog ate it? OK, would you believe my web hosting
company ate it? As Mr. Normandin's post shows, it _was_ there. Honest.
And then it wasn't, or rather it was, but the file became corrupted
somehow and it wouldn't display. As of this time, 01:00 EST on Friday,
22 February, the image again displays properly.

Thanks again,

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com