Question about stellar aberration & parallax.

Old August 8th 06, 07:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar
subhash

Default Question about stellar aberration & parallax.

Dear Members,
Please help to explain the following-
The star under consideration to study the effects of stellar aberration
and stellar parallax at every instant will be seen shifted to its
apparent position each time. This shifting will be the result of two
simultaneous effects the stellar aberration and the other as stellar
parallax. In a course of year it will draw an ellipse on the celestial
sphere with the background of very distant stars as stationary. The
star under consideration will be at the center of this ellipse. Now
please explain how the following factors are distinguished or
differentiated from the apparent annual locus of the star being an
ellipse-
1. How the large aberrational ellipse is differentiated from the small
parallax ellipse from the single resultant ellipse drawn as above by
the apparent shifting of the star.
2. How does it is differentiated that due to aberration the star seems
to be shifted towards apex of earth way and how does it is
differentiated that the due to parallax the star seems shifted towards
sun.
3. When in the apparent shifted of the star due aberration and parallax
is right angle to each other because always apex of earth way is 90
behind the sun. Hence both the ellipse will be perpendicular to each
other i.e. their major & minor axes will be interchanged of it is not
so then what will be the relative situation of the axes of both the
ellipse.
4. If the above calculations are done through astrophotography then
please explain in details how is it done.
I will be greatly obliged if I could get the answers or the proper
information from where I can get the satisfactory answers.
With regards,

Yours'
S.C. Jain

Old August 19th 06, 02:28 PM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhash
Dear Members, Please help to explain the following- The star under consideration to study the effects of stellar aberration and stellar parallax at every instant ...snip...With regards, Yours' S.C. Jain
Now who's brains can I pick for this essay?????

Daily #4023 Joe Cooper Hubble 0 January 9th 06 01:18 PM
Stellar aberration with ether drag [email protected] Astronomy Misc 6 August 17th 05 05:05 PM
Exoplanets and stellar spectra question... Richard Smith UK Astronomy 12 November 21st 04 11:37 AM