Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old February 23rd 16, 08:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

A sunny day here in Gresham. But of course whenever it's sunny here in February, the east wind will be blowing like hell! And so it is! About 19 mph at the moment. Currently 56F as of about 1:00 PM PST. Same weather should continue for the next couple of days, with the temperature rising.

Double-A

Old February 23rd 16, 09:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

A sunny day here in Gresham. But of course whenever it's sunny here in
February, the east wind will be blowing like hell! And so it is! About 19
mph at the moment. Currently 56F as of about 1:00 PM PST. Same weather
should continue for the next couple of days, with the temperature rising.

Double-A

****I always thought the source of the east wind was Solly's camel, Fatima.
When they make love, she farts up a storm.

Old February 25th 16, 08:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Currently 58F as of 12:15 PM here in sunny Gresham. Wind at 13 mph from the east. The wind let up some yesterday when Kim blew into town for our weekly luncheon. Up at Crown Point, about 10 miles east of here, where I grew up, there were gusts Tuesday of up to 66 mph!

Sure am seeing lots of empty storefronts around Gresham as I walk around town. Worse than it was a year ago.

Double-A

Old February 26th 16, 08:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A nice calm sunny day now here in Gresham, but clouds and rain are moving in. Currently 57F as of 12:30 PM PST. Was 62F yesterday.

I have been taking cans and bottles I've accumulated to the redemption center in Gresham, and then walking the mile or so to the library. Today I took a look at Gresham's war memorial park. I believe it's about where the feed store used to be, where my dad would buy feed for his milk cows. There was a little Chinese restaurant near there, and a fish and chips place. That was our Saturday night! I remember there being a boardwalk where the sidewalk is today. The ground slopes steeply down into a hollow there, but there is a park for the kids to play in down there today. Oh the memories!

Double-A

Old February 27th 16, 09:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A nice afternoon, after a morning of drizzle. Rained yesterday late afternoon, and all through the night. Now 55F as of 1:30 PM PST. Brisk wind out of the south at 9 mph.

A guy at Gresham's gold coin shop told me the owner died suddenly. Did the gold market take a bad turn? He is now going to use the place for a tool repair business.

Double-A

Old February 28th 16, 10:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Rain showers this afternoon with gusty wind out of the southwest up to 25 mph gusts. Intermittent sunshine and rain. 51F as of 2:15 PM here in Gresham. Was 54F earlier in the morning.

Gas is now $1.89 at the corner station. Looks like pretty soon they will be giving it away! But I have no car so it doesn't help me at all. Just gives the government an excuse not to raise Social Security at all while everything I have to pay for (things in the stores, rents, bus fares, etc.) keep going up.

Just got a call from the past, a girl I went to high school with! I had to ask her to call me back tonight, when I am not at the library.

Double-A

Old February 29th 16, 09:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy here in Gresham and 53F as of 1:15 PM PST. Calm.

The girl I went to high school with called back again last night. As I recall from class reunions, she was always very attractive! Already have a luncheon date pending for later in the week!

Double-A

Old March 2nd 16, 07:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 1:28:33 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Cloudy here in Gresham and 53F as of 1:15 PM PST. Calm.

The girl I went to high school with called back again last night. As I recall from class reunions, she was always very attractive! Already have a luncheon date pending for later in the week!

Double-A

Seeing more of Sandy .We are going to Circus Circus if I can hear from Mike..days are long and warm.Still no date for my hearing operation.Old peaple are not treated as well 5 years ago.Pee-Aire was lucky for he might never had had that operation in this day and age. Trump gets in its TANG all the way down. TreBert
Old March 4th 16, 02:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

SmellBert says
Seeing more of Sandy .We are going to Circus Circus if I can hear from Mike
--------------

There is no Sandy.

And whoever the **** Mike is, doesn't exist either.

There will be no trip to the Circus for Bert except that he may appear one day in the sideshow where he will be displayed ****ting into a bucket
Old March 4th 16, 08:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 5:45:50 AM UTC-8, wrote:
AA
Just got a call from the past, a girl I went to high school with! I had to ask her to call me back tonight, when I am not at the library.
--------------

Girls my age are old bags. Eww

You should start being attracted to their character, Harlow, otherwise you have stunted development.

The girl from my high school days called me again just before I came over to the library today. Our date is for tomorrow at 1:00 PM.

Light clouds but dry and calm and 59F as of 12:45 PM PST here in Gresham today. A pleasant day.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM