Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old January 31st 16, 10:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 5:15:30 AM UTC-8, wrote:
No they're not. Unless she is willing to fork over a couple thousand to get them started?

No? I didn't think so.

Maybe you can give her... Wait, I mean LEND her, the cash.

So maybe a hard ass collection agency would be a better choice? Sometimes they will work just for a cut.
-----------

Has the bitch ever considered getting a job?

And please don't tell me what she USED to do. Even a retard like Kim can get a job somewhere.

She got many jobs, but was fired from every one.

Temp is 41F as of 1:30 PM PST here in Gresham with a slight breeze out the the southeast.

Gas prices on the corner are 1.97 for regular, 1.95 for diesel. Takes me back, but it will queer our cost of living increases! When you don't drive, a low price of gas means jack ****!

Double-A

Old February 1st 16, 09:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Mostly cloudy. Now 43F with a 9 mph SW wind here in Gresham as of 12:45 PM PST.

Iowa Caucus!

Double-A

Old February 2nd 16, 12:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 12:50:46 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mostly cloudy. Now 43F with a 9 mph SW wind here in Gresham as of 12:45 PM PST.

Iowa Caucus!

Double-A

AA Gas here 2.65 Its Arco. Very cool very windy,and Anaheim got its most rain since I moved here this Sunday.It rained all day.Today is very cold and very sunny. TreBert
Old February 2nd 16, 09:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 3:06:05 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 12:50:46 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mostly cloudy. Now 43F with a 9 mph SW wind here in Gresham as of 12:45 PM PST.

Iowa Caucus!

Double-A

AA Gas here 2.65 Its Arco. Very cool very windy,and Anaheim got its most rain since I moved here this Sunday.It rained all day.Today is very cold and very sunny. TreBert

Yes, I heard that price of gas was still a little higher in California. I hear they are talking about raising the tax on gas here, since now with the price lower, people can afford it. Funny, I remember kind of an opposite argument for raising the tax on gas when the price went up: because the oil companies were making more money, the government should get their proportionate share!

Bright sunshine here in Gresham on this Groundhog's Day. Any groundhogs around here would have certainly seen their shadows, but I don't think we have any. We do have mountain beavers, which are a large sized animal that digs tunnels in the ground. Used to be lots of them where we lived above Crown Point.

Now 45F as of 12:30 AM PST and sunny with a breeze out of southeast.

Double-A

Old February 4th 16, 10:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 12:36:28 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Sking on Baldy.Much warmer today,and no clouds.Its like May.When you get old you lose your body heat faster. Best to be warm to keep strong. TreBert
Old February 6th 16, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:15:45 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Also the number of calories you consume makes a big difference as to whether you feel cold or warm.

Rain here most of the week. Yesterday I went over to Beaverton to have lunch with Kim. A similar Chinese buffet is over there.

Here in Gresham today it is a balmy 51F as of 1:00 PM PST and calm. Weather expected to be drying out in the coming week. Might give me the opportunity to get more things down.

Tomorrow is the Super Bowl. Super Bowel L, but they don't like using the "L". The young superman Cam Newton, a giant of a man, faces Peyton Manning, an old timer on his last legs and with one foot in the grave. Not hard to guess where to place your money! Have fun watching. I'll probably only be listening on radio.

Double-A

Old February 7th 16, 08:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny skies and 52F here in Gresham as of 11:15 AM PST. Of course whenever the sun shines this time of year here, the east wind returns like an unwelcome guest, currently at 13 mph. Temp expected to rise later to as high as 58F!

Came to the library early so I pick up snacks and be back home in time for the Super Bowl. Carolina all the way!

Double-A

Old February 8th 16, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA Did not watch Super Bowl.Stayed out doors all day.Worked on Van posters.Put two front tires of Sandy's car.Walmart treats me good.Weather to nice to be indoors. Denver won,but you know with me its Patriots, Trebert
Old February 10th 16, 03:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 2:50:08 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA Did not watch Super Bowl.Stayed out doors all day.Worked on Van posters.Put two front tires of Sandy's car.Walmart treats me good.Weather to nice to be indoors. Denver won,but you know with me its Patriots, Trebert

Young superman met his match in the Denver defense. Elderly quarterback Peyton Manning gave little help in the win.

Got some Walmart roast chicken and cheap wine and listened to it on my radio.

Yesterday the east wind was blowing extremely hard here in Gresham, so I just stayed home. But today it let up a little, so I got on the MAX Train and went across town to Tanasbourne. Bought a budget and expense book at a store I know there.

Saw my old street friends Mike and Toc. Also saw John, who isn't homeless, but is confined to a wheelchair. Checked on Kim at the Jack-in-the-Box she hangs at around the clock now. She will come out to Gresham tomorrow for lunch.

I stopped at my locker and brought home a stack of phone books. It was a beautiful spring-like day. Currently 53F back here in Gresham as of 6:00 PM PST. Saw Steve, one of my favorite bus drivers from the old days, on my way back.

Gas here is down to $1.89 for regular. The price of gold is pressing up against $1,200/oz. Might be the time to invest in it depending on what stocks do next.

Double-A

Old February 12th 16, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Light rain and 52F as 0f 2:45 PM here in Gresham.

1,400 Indiana Workers Learn Their Jobs Are Going to Mexico!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/12/news...ube/index.html

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM