Sounds for conspiracy theorists and space enthusiasts

Old August 22nd 06, 03:17 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Sounds for conspiracy theorists and space enthusiasts

Hello there, I thought I would post here to tell you about this album.
Link: http://www.archive.org/details/Zenph..._ambient_tones

Its called "One hundred ambient tones" and is a collection of short
~40sec ambient audio snippets designed to be listened to in "random" or
"shuffle" ordering. The transitions between tracks, chosen randomly by
your machine on playback, become the focus.

The content varies from soft whiring drones, to raucous screeching of
metal-on-metal recorded with contact-microphones. Tentative melodies
and short bursts of fully arranged music, to the sound produced by
connecting a solar panel to a microphone pre-amp, and the distant
whistles pops and clicks from detuned radios.

It makes the perfect background sounds for conspiracy theorists and
space enthusiasts, and it's different everytime you listen to it.

Includes recordings of Bipolar Junction Transistor shot noise,
reference noisefloors from many popular brands of VHS video recorders,
waveforms from a YMF262 chip, and the results of altering the encoding
and decoding of Linear Predictive Coding for voice communications, and
of MP3 compression.

You can download it for free from:
http://www.archive.org/details/Zenph..._ambient_tones

Old August 22nd 06, 04:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Arnold

wrote:

Hello there, I thought I would post here to tell you about this album.
Link:
http://www.archive.org/details/Zenph..._ambient_tones

And it won't destroy my PC?

--