Yum!

Old March 15th 09, 08:41 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.math,alt.2600,rec.org.mensa,cam.misc
UncleEnglish

Default Yum!

On 14 Mar, 23:41, Bluuuue Rajah Bluuuuue@Rajah. wrote:
Two fresh pots of homemade onion soup.

Irates? U appear to have 5000+ ratings! Rantings?!

Onion soup? I love onions. When I was a child, I preferred cheese and
onion sandwiches to anything else, strong cheddar, with fresh bread
and lots of butter! And a big mug of tea! Yummy.

(Well, bread and jam got into the picture, also: my dad was a
policeman and we used to steal jam and bread from the barracks,
officers feigning pursuit, shouting and waving their arms - because
they did not want to disappoint us.)

All the shame, I later became allergic to lots of things, including
onions - though almost wholesomely vegetarian, I needed onions,
especially in stews. They are deliciously chewy and help to make up
for the lack of meat. Can they be even chewier? Indeed, they can. Read
on.

Experimentally, I popped them into boiling water for 10 minutes or so,
until they softened up, Spanish ones are the best, and then chopped
them up and added them to the stew. No adverse reactions. Again, I
say, Yummy! For texture and flavour, unbeatable. Try it! I am no
Jaimie Olvier, though: man needs woman, and woman must have her
mate ... . Bet I know as many swear words as he does!
--
foolsrushin.