The theory of gravity

Old July 20th 17, 07:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

Default The theory of gravity

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 22:18:17 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc wrote:

Being acquainted with this fellow from rec.arts.sf.written...

it's a pity that Snell doesn't seem to be around this newsgroup
any more.

John Savard

Thanks, for the heads up.
--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old July 21st 17, 07:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 18:02:33 UTC+2, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Thanks for the advice.

Nature abhors a monopoly.

Don't become one.

We already have a 1461.

God forbid he'd need to calculate the orbital mechanics of a pair of loose screws in an intellectual vacuum!
Old July 21st 17, 08:27 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

The empirical modelling agenda entered astronomy like malware by exploiting retrograde resolution and inventing an absolute/relative space and motion language.Of course the followers of Newton, even today, haven't a clue what those terms were meant to represent so although they are contrived they are understandable as flaws and forced assertions.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...retrograde.jpg

The flawed notion of Huygen's that the Sun's annual motion through the constellations was equivalent to the Earth's motion through the constellations using the Equation of Time timekeeping facility was morphed by Newton into the Sun's annual motion around the Earth equivalent to the Earth's motion around the Sun.

This flawed notion give rise to the even worse idea of apparent motions vs true motions although no such distinction is required -

"It is indeed a matter of great difficulty to discover, and
effectually to distinguish, the true motion of particular bodies from
the apparent; because the parts of that absolute space, in which those
motions are performed, do by no means come under the observation of
our senses. Yet the thing is not altogether desperate; for we have
some arguments to guide us, partly from the apparent motions, which
are the differences of the true motions" Newton

There is no way of knowing who can absorb the details however it is not a case of proving Newton wrong but actually freeing up information to allow productive and creative research.

Old July 21st 17, 04:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

"Chris.B" wrote in
:

Carrying Sissy wrote:

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Thanks for the advice.

I live to serve.

Nature abhors a monopoly.

Fortunately, this group has a variety of stupid people, so there's no
monopoly.

Don't become one.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only non-idiot here.

We already have a 1461.

That was over 600 years ago, so maybe it's time for a reboot. Reboots
are very popular in Hollywood these days.

God forbid he'd need to calculate the orbital mechanics of a
pair of loose screws in an intellectual vacuum!

XKCD is pretending to run a fundraiser to launch a teapot into orbit
around the sun.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Old July 21st 17, 05:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

Gerald Kelleher wrote in
:

The empirical modelling agenda

Is that like when the model is also a stripper, and does lap dances?
If you ask Mummy for some 20 dollar bills, perhaps you could find out
about lap dances.

Old July 21st 17, 07:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Something really cool presenting the background to the theory of gravity/scientific method among screaming heads.As a Christian, the whole point of creativity/ productivity is that it is done in the most hostile circumstances -

http://www.missa.org/joie_parfaite_e.php

Now back to the thread and more to follow -

Old July 22nd 17, 07:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Returning briefly to both Huygen's and Kepler, the flawed conclusion of the former allied with the limited retrograde resolution of the latter set up the justification of the clockwork solar system of RA/Dec -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...retrograde.jpg

"Here take notice, that the Sun or the Earth passeth the 12. Signes,
or makes an entire revolution in the Ecliptick in 365 days, 5 hours 49
min. or there about, and that those days, reckon'd from noon to noon,
are of different lenghts; as is known to all that are vers'd in
Astronomy." Huygens

Newton assumes observations seen from Earth represent relative space and motion whereas speculative observations from the Sun represent absolute space and motion hence the geocentric/heliocentric equivalency found in the so-called inverse square law -

"That the fixed stars being at rest, the periodic times of the five primary planets, and (whether of the sun about the earth, or) of the earth about the sun, are in the sesquiplicate proportion of their mean distances from the sun.... for the periodic times are the same, and the dimensions of the orbits are the same, whether the sun revolves about the earth, or the earth about the sun." Newton

I believe that as time as gone by that his followers assumed Newton was simply pulling concepts out of the sky so to speak however there is a systematic use of observations,albeit in a careless and contrived way and that separates Newton from the many followers of today. Despite appearances ,although it is quite bad for many reasons, a glimpse of genuine conceptual freedom emerges at a time when the weight of observations are bursting the flawed agenda at the seams. I don't even require people to investigate the theory of gravity/scientific method but if they do all the pieces are there in their actual state as proposed by the originator of the method.

Old July 22nd 17, 07:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Friday, 21 July 2017 18:00:28 UTC+2, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Dear Mr Sissy

Thank you for returning our Recruitment Application form for the important post of Reserve Forum Fool.

The panel has asked me to inform you that you scored highly in the Idiocy Section of our questionnaire.

However, it was felt that "immaturity" is not usually considered an academic qualification.

Except [perhaps] in the age of an infant attending kindergarten.

Our Arts and Crafts member was quite impressed with your matchstick renderings of certain faculty members where you were unable to answer the questions.
But would have liked rather more flesh on the bare bones of your amusing portraits.

As such, I have to inform you that your application has been rejected on this occasion.

We wish you luck with your future endeavors and can only sympathize with your crippling, mental handicaps.

Better luck next time!

Yours most sincerely
A.Sinner Esq.
Old July 22nd 17, 03:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 23:59:22 -0700 (PDT), Chris.B wrote:

[...]

We have a panel that is able to reach a consensus?

Nah, that just can't be.

I bet you smuggled in some outsiders for this "panel". The whole thing
was rigged!

;-)

--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old July 23rd 17, 06:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Saturday, 22 July 2017 16:36:29 UTC+2, Bill wrote:

We have a panel that is able to reach a consensus?

Nah, that just can't be.

I bet you smuggled in some outsiders for this "panel". The whole thing
was rigged!

;-)

Did I detect a wry smile there, Bill? ;-)

We don't have enough members to manage a quorum these days.
Not since they sent the Irishman home for working on a temporary visa.
The problem is that he keeps coming back! Again and again!
Time to start sending back Germans elected on a fake birth certificate story?
What goes around comes around. ;-)