ISS in front of sun or moon

Old November 21st 10, 06:35 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Klaus Hagemeyer

Default ISS in front of sun or moon

Does anybody know if (free!) software is available which could be used
to calculate when the ISS is visible in front of (i.e. hiding) the sun
or the moon, as function of the observer's position? Such a software
would require very exact knowledge of ISS ephemerides, probably updated
every few days. Does NASA publish the ISS ephemerides with the required
accuracy in the internet?
Old November 22nd 10, 04:18 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Klaus Hagemeyer

In the meantime I found the solution (no own software required):
http://www.calsky.com/cs.cgi?&ISS=
Old November 22nd 10, 05:35 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Patty Winter

In article ,
Klaus Hagemeyer wrote:
In the meantime I found the solution (no own software required):
http://www.calsky.com/cs.cgi?&ISS=

Hey, thank you for that information, Klaus! I've bookmarked it.
I'll be ready to drag out the scope (and solar filter, for a
sun transit).

Patty

Old November 8th 11, 10:05 AM
Gadi Eidelheit Gadi Eidelheit is offline
Junior Member

Regarding Calsky notice that it will give you information about passes close to your location, but best result will be to see exactly where the ass is and go there, even if you are within the width boundaries. Also take some spare time before and after.
BR
Gadi