Cargo Dragon 2 vehicles will be purpose built (not reflown crew vehicles)

Old July 24th 19, 04:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Cargo Dragon 2 vehicles will be purpose built (not reflown crew vehicles)

On Twitter, Chris G (of the NASA Spaceflight .com website) said that
SpaceX has confirmed that cargo Dragon 2 vehicles will be purpose built
for the role and will NOT be re-flown Dragon 2 crew vehicles.

So I would expect that in addition to crew couches, control panels, life
support, and etc. that a cargo Dragon 2 will not have an abort system in
it.

Considering the source, I'd expect that information to be included in an
upcoming nasaspaceflight.com article.

Jeff
Old July 24th 19, 05:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

But since down-mass is important to NASA I assume they are recoverable.
Does that imply the cargo variant will be reused?

Dave

Old July 24th 19, 07:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , says...

But since down-mass is important to NASA I assume they are recoverable.
Does that imply the cargo variant will be reused?

I'm not sure. All I saw was a short Tweet. The information came from
today's press conference (ISS cargo Dragon mission).

Jeff

Reusable Launch Vehicles - When? [email protected] Policy 4 December 1st 09 12:10 AM
vehicles Brian Gaff Space Shuttle 7 April 9th 09 08:01 AM
LAUNCH VEHICLES BUDGET [email protected] Policy 2 January 4th 06 11:03 PM
Separate vehicles for crew transfer & heavy lifting? Bill History 14 May 16th 05 05:25 PM
New lifting vehicles... SIOL Space Station 3 April 2nd 04 02:40 AM