What if (on Moon Dust)

Old December 13th 08, 09:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What if (on Moon Dust)

What if China goes to the Moon and brings back a ton of moon dust? It
could make millions of hour glasses. Every person on Earth would want to
buy one for big bucks. It does beg this question What if it is
static(free electrons)? go figure TreBert

Old December 14th 08, 10:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Dec 13, 1:38 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
What if China goes to the Moon and brings back a ton of moon dust? It
could make millions of hour glasses. Every person on Earth would want to
buy one for big bucks. It does beg this question What if it is
static(free electrons)? go figure TreBert

Seems downright odd that you're not getting any replies to this topic.

By rights, that physically dark moon dust should contain sodium plus
trace amounts radium, thorium and of course uranium, in addition to
offering various mineral chlorides and multiple other nifty crystal
dry elements of fairly good density, plus those of terrific value
(such as black diamond and He3).

~ BG
Old December 14th 08, 10:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Dec 13, 1:38 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
What if China goes to the Moon and brings back a ton of moon dust? It
could make millions of hour glasses. Every person on Earth would want to
buy one for big bucks. It does beg this question What if it is
static(free electrons)? go figure TreBert

There’s always Selene/moon dust that you don’t want in your eyes:

If you must believe the moon has always been with Earth, and mostly
created from Earth, that it was never a captured planetoid and having
never been covered by any thick layer of salty ice, then by now
there's at least 1e18 kg of dust and/or other substantial
accumulations upon its 3.8e13 m2 surface. Do the math.

Our Selene/moon currently receives 12~18e3 t/yr, most of which sticks
with that highly reactive and unavoidably electrostatic charged
surface. Of course going way back in time is what makes for an
extremely crystal dry and otherwise extra dusty old moon. By now our
naked Selene/moon should have collected solids upwards of 1e18 kg (on
average that’s 2.63e4 kg/m2). Now that’s some kind of dusty
environment, especially since most of that crystal dry substance is
going to be found within natural terrain basin areas and of course
within craters, as for having dry flowed or migrated onto such
relatively flat surfaces that might tend to suggest our future fly-by-
rocket landers as having to cope with such a crystal dry and otherwise
fluffy/uncompacted surface of 5e4 kg/m2. (perhaps those landers will
need extremely long legs, a good periscope and the antistatic coating
of Po210)

In spite of all the electrostatic/ionic charged dust, cosmic gamma,
solar X-rays and of Selene’s naked anticathode reactive nature,
whereas our Selene/moon as relocated to Earth L1 and then having its
continuous day/night terminator used for surface and underground
habitats is something we can eventually do. Easy, not hardly, but
highly beneficial to the environment of Earth and otherwise for
properly utilizing our Selene/moon for all it’s worth.

Our Selene/moon offers loads of internal pressures and otherwise
terrific surface day/night thermal differentials, though it's naked
surface is also offering more of a nifty energy worth of vacuum to go
along with that extreme thermal differentia, receiving its 100%
renewable 1.4 kw/m2 plus having all that local secondary IR to work
with (ideal for Stirling engines that can use all the thermal
differential they can get).

Imagine our extremely unusual Selene/moon as having been relocated to
the station-keeping halo orbit of Earth L1, and of what one could then
accomplish on behalf of salvaging the frail environment of Earth, and
of otherwise our living rather efficiently within suitable habitats
constructed along or if need be underground within the day/night
terminator (all 10,900 km worth of it), not to mention the other 256e6
tonne LSE-CM/ISS as tethered to/from the new and improved Earth-moon
L1 (Selene/moon L1) as having a cold but nicely earthshine illuminated
vacuum of 1e-21 bar to offer.

The average lunar density of 3.346 g/cm3 is suggesting of a fairly low
density mantle interior that’s below a relatively thick and robust
basalt crust that’s chuck full of heavy mineral solids and those raw
gaseous elements, though apparently including water @260 ppm, and
otherwise having loads of raw sodium, nearly unlimited oxygen,
hydrogen and helium (as in He3) plus any number of easily accessible
radioactive mineral substances such as thorium. The average lunar
crust density could offer an impressive 8(+/-4) g/cm3, an impressive
range of 4 to 12 g/cm3, whereas the upper interior mantle as little as
3(+/-1) g/cm3, and perhaps somewhat less density inside of that, along
with having little if any iron core if not offering a somewhat geode
balloon like hollow center created by the geothermal environment and
reactive minerals.

Could the frail DNA of mere humans survive within the moon?
(technically I don’t see why not)

Even those habitats created near the surface should become livable and
expandable via robotic digging machines that’ll not mind such an
abrasive, volatile and otherwise anticathode dust environment. At
least India is on the right set of tracks.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”
Old December 15th 08, 08:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

BG What if moon dust is radio active. We could get moon cancer???
TreBert My getting no action on moon dust does not surprise me. Trebert

Old December 16th 08, 07:11 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Dec 15, 12:55 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
BG What if moon dust is radio active. We could get moon cancer???
TreBert My getting no action on moon dust does not surprise me. Trebert

It's supposedly upon average 2 to 4 rimes as radioactive as the dirt
under our feet.

However, in certain locations it's extremely radioactive.

~ BG
Old December 16th 08, 06:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Uranium mines are also rather radioactive, BradBoi! lmfjao!

Is there a connection?

Saul Levy

Old December 16th 08, 06:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Dec 13, 1:38 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
What if China goes to the Moon and brings back a ton of moon dust? It
could make millions of hour glasses. Every person on Earth would want to
buy one for big bucks. It does beg this question What if it is
static(free electrons)? go figure TreBert

Besides having loads more radioactive elements/m3 and nearly unlimited
free electrons associated with our Selene/moon than any surface area
or volume of Earth has to offer (as yet another good set of reasons to
deductively suggest that our Selene/moon simply wasn’t made of Earth),
either our Selene/moon has its fair share of mineral salt(s), or it
doesn’t.

Either way, I believe it’s continually bleeding off the sodium half of
whatever’s mineral chloride salts or otherwise in raw metallic (Na)
mineral form by at very least 100,000 tonnes per year. At 3e-15 bar,
salt of nearly any chloride mineral induced color is going to start
boiling off or rather vapor phase shifting away at 800+°C, such as
easily caused by way of meteor and even solar proton impacts.
However, raw sodium isn’t going to take all that much above 371 K
(98°C), other than good old sunshine of which our naked Selene/moon
has far more than its fair share, especially toasty once taking the
local secondary/recoil IR into account.

A portion of our moon and its 1e18 kg of thick dust is sodium (Na is
half of what makes up common NaCI/salt), at least other than by
nighttime when it’s cool enough to remain as a crystal dry metallic
solid rather than becoming a vapor by day which contributes to the
more than million atmospheric and of its comet trail tonnage, which
then remains ionized and sustained within a 9r atmosphere, plus
otherwise included within that nearly 1e6 km extension of its solar
wind blown tail. Unfortunately, a narrow bandpass optical filter and
sensitive film or CCD camera is necessary in order to observe and thus
fully appreciate the extent of this ionic charged sodium, as it seems
most geophysically active planets should also offer sodium.

At least a few days each month is when Earth unavoidably passes
directly through and disrupts this trail of sodium, and essentially
absorbs a portion of this lunar sodium, similar to the 19 month cycle
of our passing through the solar wind blown tail of sodium and other
upper atmospheric particles from Venus.

Sodium is actually a highly undesirable mineral for any future robotic
missions to contend with, especially as it sublimes from a cool solid
to a hot and ionic charged vapor and then once cooled by whatever
shade goes back into a solid, as would happen whatever given a solar
and secondary IR exposure gets applied to one side and otherwise
becomes shaded and made cooler on the other side of a given spacecraft/
probe, as such would allow this hot ionized sodium to migrate into
places where it could cause technical complications and subsequent
consequences, not that other elements of this highly electrostatic/
ionized environment of hot and cold moon dust is going to be all that
friendly.

The following analogy as to that of moon salt, half of which being the
element of sodium, is just another deductive way of my explaining how
extremely complex and unique (meaning one of a kind) our Selene/moon
actually is.

Our Selene/moon w/ionized sodium:
A grain of NaCI(salt) = 1.2e18 atoms (half are sodium)
http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae342.cfm
A grain of salt (6.48e-2 g) contains about:
5.85e-5 gr/ (29.25 gr/ 6.02e23) = 1.2e18 atoms, half of which are
sodium atoms. (other half being chlorine atoms)

Within 9r (15,642 km), there are 1.6e22 m3 = 1.6e28 cm3
Given an average saturation of 100 atoms/cm3 = 1.6e30 NaCI atoms

1.6e30 / .6e18 = 2.667e12 grains of salt

2.667e12 * 6.48e-2 = 17.28e10 g = 17.28e7 kg = 173e3 tonnes of
salt (half of which is sodium).

Therefore, of what’s entirely surrounding Selene, we are looking at
86,500 tonnes of sodium at the average saturation of perhaps 50 Na
atoms/cm3 (not including its 1e6 km comet like tail of sodium) as
what’s continually surrounding and trailing away from our Selene/moon
at any given day or night. Since there’s no protective magnetosphere
means that this amount of sodium may need to be continually
replenished, sufficiently so as to maintain the volume and given
density of sodium that’s surrounding and otherwise solar wind blown as
a sodium tail that’s worth nearly 1e6 km in length.

Sodium comet tail volume of 1.5e24 m3 = 1.5e30 cm3
At the average NaCI density of 20 atoms/cm3 = 3e31 atoms

3e31 / .6e18 = 5e13 grains of salt.
5e13 * 6.48e-2 = 13.24e12 g = 3.24e9 kg = 3.24e6 tonnes of salt
(half of which is sodium).

All inclusive, we’re looking at a considerable volume and subsequent
mass of 3.24e6 tonnes of salt at 20 atoms/cm3, or 1.62e6 tonnes of
pure sodium at 10 Na atoms/cm3 that has been sustained within the
Selene/moon comet tail, plus the other 9r of the sodium atmosphere
that’s worth 50 Na atoms/cm3 is what amounts to roughly a conservative
1.7 million tonnes of sodium that has to be continually replenished,
perhaps per year. Therefore, even though there’s a physical meteor/
comet and misc other influx of 12,000 tonnes/year, it seems our
Selene/moon that’s w/o a protective magnetosphere has essentially been
losing mass.

Another run at these numbers might come up with a little +/- different
SWAG, but not likely by enough to ever suggest that our Selene/moon
hasn’t been losing mass. Of course those in charge of topic/author
stalking and bashing are simply never going to let this or anything
else rest, simply because it’s not officially scripted within their
DARPA and NASA/Apollo package deal.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”
Old December 16th 08, 08:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Blah, blah, blah and a final BLAH, BradBoi! lmfjao!

Saul Levy

Old December 16th 08, 09:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

You could get a rash, BEERTbrain! lmfjao!

Saul Levy