Color

Old October 11th 11, 01:45 PM posted to sci.physics,alt.religion,alt.philosophy,sci.astro
Martin[_9_]

Default Color

Life and Life hereafter:

EXT. FRANCE – 1918 – DAY

June 26, 1918, World War I, the Battle of Belleau Wood, The USA,
France, and the British Empire fought against Germany in France near
the Marne River. Machine gun fire rivets soldiers. Granades of mustard
gas explode into poisonous clouds and soldiers struggle for air. More
than a thousand people are dead or dying and more than these are
wounded.

But what you do not see is the battle field as it is seen from the
other side.

INT. THE OTHER SIDE – BESIDE TIME

There is no din and smoke, and the physical horror, here is no great
consequence, only so much as it remains in the impression of them who
are in the minds of those who come over.

The first things are the chaos of forms taking shape, each struggling
to free themselved, they do not know from what, nor do they know what
they are struggling toward. It is a bit like the birth of an infant,
they simply have found themselves and are aware of the different
environment, and wish to slough it off and return to their mortal
coils.

I am in the service of others here. Our work is to help them, and I
will explain to you how this help is carried out. In reality we have
to give them (so-to-speak) the thoughts and feelings to will help
them, first of all sympathy, then the feeling of us understanding what
they are going through, and reassurance we can explain things, so they
will trust us and allow us to help them. In truth it is these thoughts
and feelings we give and we have to think quite intently and quickly
to see what each one really needs, and to give it to them.

But in their appearance we have to do a great deal to make things easy
for their minds and comfort them. There is a certain amount of
harmless pretence, more than harmless, actually helpful to them, but I
suspect jarring to some who can sense in us as they are being greeted
by the arrival of workers along on a line and by their keenness spot a
routine nature apparent by the presence of one being calm and directed
in the actions and not altogether in a similar state of fluctuation
along with them; and while their death is the first for them, to us it
is by the notion of this pretence something we have done before and
this can discomorting to the sensitive; not to mention if they are
mortally wounded they are still anxious about the wound, they can't
realize it is left behind with the body, the thought form of their
broken body is clinging with them, and we have to humor their
illusion; they get the impression of all sorts of marvelous dressings,
of doctors with unheard of abilities to close up wounds however
severe, and to start them healing, and of fantastic new medicines to
take away the pain. Much like you would by your own desparation will
these things in a dream, only this is not a dream to them it is the
acceptance of their reality, and they are under the impressions they
need the healing of their bodies or they will face something
altogether dreadful. It is like suggestion, only it appeals to
something they already know, their knowledge of themselves underneath
the conviction in the foreground they are still wounded and in pain,
and nearly all of them who are undeveloped have these thought forms,
these symbols, created for them to represent the real healing of their
troubles going on. They are truly wounded spirits, because the body
wound is a shock to the spirit, and the spirit carries over with it
the sense of this shock, and naturally can only think of it through
the symbol of the body. So the thought form of the shattered physical
frame is with them, and in a way similar though at much greater depth
we can see it, and in a way it is like dealing with bodies; it is
rather like the way you would dress a wound in a dream, if you suppose
in your dream you know all the time the would are dressing is a wound
in other than concrete flesh, but of a thought form for a different
wound, for the shock of the spirit. So all spirit life for some little
time after separation from the body is in a word full of bodily
shapes. But they are like the shapes in dreams. They are there because
they are thoughts.

Those who of this battle have died quite suddenly - shot through the
heart or the head, or suddenly stunned with a concussion from which
they don't recover, or simply in a physical sense are blown to nothing
by a shell - come over with feelings and thoughts they had just
before.

Some of them thought they have to go on fighting, and we have to calm
them; and some think they must have suddenly gone mad, because the
change of environment. When you consider the tremendous state of
tension, almost like madness, the actual fighting was carried out in
it is a miracle the spirit endures. Some think they have been knocked
over in the battle without knowing what happened, and this may
actually be the case, only they think they are now in a base hospital
and want to know what did actually happen to them. We have to humor
them at first and only gradually explain to them what the hospital
means. Some are profoundly glad there exists something, and this
something is their consciousness and awareness continuing, those who
have feared the great light-switch of eternity extiniguishing them to
never knowing they even existed. There are also those who come quickly
to the limit of endurance, and rejoice to be free from the world of
wars. Sometimes—with those who have very strong home ties—we have to
let them realize as gently and gradually as possible; most are so
weary in spirit they worry so much they almost immediately wear
themselves out like a recently born child, and are overcome by the
desire to rest.

Others have foreseen they must be killed, they have seen the shell or
bomb about to explode, and have known when it explodes they must go.
They sometimes tumble right into rest, because their idea of death was
simply their release their prior situation, and the rest period links
up with this idea at once. They need nothing explained until they wake
up, but sometimes they sleep quite a long time, and in some these
cases it turns out the idea of death with them was simply deep rooted.

Their stories often are of an interesting history and realization.
There is often a great deal of good, quality, accounts of many people
who say they understand something of value, about life from the other
side, and statements of this sort, but the idea is to be able to show
them how true such statements are.

After the sleep there is a difference. Before there is always a
certain amount of illusion you are still just the same person as you
were in the earth life. This illusion persists before the sleep, and
the spirit gets enough quieted, enough reconciled to feel the sense of
personal fatigue. You see, the understanding is carried just far
enough to relieve the immediate sense of trouble and worry. Then comes
this sense of tiredness, the spirit longs to rest, then comes a great
desire to sleep. In this sleep a great deal happens but I have yet to
understand all of it enough yet to tell you much more about it. It's
not exactly sleep, but sleep on earth is very much the closest
relatable thing to it. You know how much can happen to you in this
sleep you can sense it what it will be like when you wake up. All you
know is when you wake up you will be another being. When your spirit
comes out of this sleep you know where you are and what you are, and
on to the next.

Those who come with knowledge and understanding of the life beyond may
skip this sleep but not one is better than the other, nor should any
feel like they have fallen behind or have become lost because of how
they adjust to it. Sometimes when ones come with their spirits tired
with long illness or the anxiety of life has weighed heavily on their
spirit, they desire this reasonably, a time to rest. In practice most
need this sleep period some less some more and some sleep longer and
some sleep shorter, and everyone adjusts to what they experience. The
greater the object of the spirit is in need to adjust to the new
conditions, the longer and deeper the sleep period necessarily seems
to be.

Now to describe what it feels like when you come out of this deep
sleep. You know quite clearly you are alive, without any muddle about
thinking you are still alive on earth. During this experience
something has taught you and told you this and it is like it is
imprinted on your soul, like something you just know and understand
easily without being a thing to marvel and question as it may seem to
be before you get there. I think perhaps when we have been able to
reach out and understand completely we can realize at once when we
wake up there is a curious inner feeling, a comforting sense we do
understand somewhere, somehow.

But on waking, the first thing to come is the realization of where you
are and what you are, and we are really surviving spirits and we
really are on another plane of experience, and this is an enormous
curiosity, and presents a very strong desire to explore and understand
further. When a baby is born when the baby drinks milk from the
mother, the baby is given a sense of well being, and this sense of
well being allows them to take in their first few glimpse of life, to
gaze around a room, and to hear and to see. This is similar.

The first thing is, first there are things - what first strikes you -
of the same kind as you see on earth, only somehow different. They are
real, but you have a sense they are more fluid and chaning and
changable, so they just belong to this first waking stage.

Then you find, and it seems very curious and fascinating, you can
change those things by wishing them to change. As it was seen by some
who thought they were in need of curing their bodies who saw hospitals
and doctors and medicines and cures.

You can do the same easily with small things, for instance - you can
look at a pine needle on the ground where you sit, and begin to think
of it as a sewing needle, and it is an ordinary sowing needle and you
can pick it up.

Big things have more permenance, such as scenerey and you quickly
realize the changing of the whole scene around you is determined by
everyone and not by any formal means or consensus or vote or anything
artificial but simply the product of the shared desires of the whole
produces a scene, and it belongs to lots of other spirits too, but you
are still free to change any little thing, when the change is
harmonious with everything else. Then you begin to realize all the
things around you are all thought forms, forms of memories and
imagination, and it is arranged like this to make the transition easy
from material life to spiritual life. You learn a great deal simply by
finding out what you can change by changing your own thought about it,
and what remains the same whatever you think about it.

This makes you understand how much belongs to all of us but also makes
you appreciate what you can do exactly with things to make exactly the
way you would have them, so there is a duality of individual and
belonging to the whole concourse of spirits you are part of. So far I
told you of one's own perceptions and realizations, but there is also
a great deal you must experience to appreciate.

First there is talk and interchange of ideas with others who are in
the same stage of development, and these may be whoever you desire to
be conversant with much like on earth, of who is their with you. It is
like ordinary speech between people with ordinary bodies and clothes
and features, only you have a curious sense, one often has in earth
life, of understanding a great deal more than what is said. Also, the
words and gestures of bodies and clothes and features of things you
see are their for their beauty and to produce meaning and less of an
absolute necessity. You use the words because they are fitting in
variety to express a certain thing, though other things may be fit to
express with a combination of things spoken and unspoke, seen or
unseen, heard or heard, or felt. You have a sense in the first spirit
of conversations, only you have it very much more strongly, and very
soon you begin to feel that the words are only a framework, almost
unnecessary to the thought, even as you share it.

We converse together and help ourselves to understand, what is the
most important thing about it.

But there is a second thing too, you would not like to be bored for
all eternity in a playground of sorts, and so there is the desire to
be of service and once you are able you will enjoy being of service,
as it is enjoyable.

For there are also very well adept ones and those from rather more
advanced spirits who will come and talk with us and explain things.

I will say they are very advanced because it happens to be the
particular job I am doing myself at present, but you can see it comes
just a step beyond helping people who come to this life before their
first rest.

We go and talk and it is interesting just to answer their questions,
because they want to know more than they you have found out soetimes,
and we who have just recently passed through their stage and got on a
little bit further tell them it seems exactly what they need to
satisfy them by desing or purpose it seems. Just as much as they can
take in as yet. Especially, we can tell them they will prolong their
enjoyment until they are fit to seek back and help other people
through the first stage before their rest. It makes them keen to move
forward a bit, because it seems less spirited to get dreamy and just
play about with their thought forms and nothing else.

You see, here you can have anything you like within reason, games and
paradise and friends and family and love and the very good things of
the earth, but better, and all this sort of thing, and I can tell you
though you may think it is heaven, and just go on playing like
children, indefinitely. And you will certainly allow yourself to
experience the heavenly with them.

But the ones who are always coming they really need us to come and
tell them there is something further to get on to. After they have had
enough rest and play they begin to want to contribute, and they are
keen when we come along and tell them there is work, and explain to
them how to get at it.

But there is more then just the shared heaven and the service of souls
coming, for there are many mansions and many things to behold.

Therae are halls of knowledge, rather like our universities, where in
a region though we have no need for a concrete buildings and rooms,
but where at the same time it is helpful to use those earthly symbols.
These buildings you will see are not needed of shelter, or the rooms
for any idea of dividing one group from another for fear of confusion
of voices. We realise these are practical needs on earth, but things
like these are simply superceded up here.

There remains the sense of the atmosphere and dignity of the building,
something expressed by stately architecture. All the atmospheric sense
of dignity and beauty we are yet to get hold of as a thing in itself,
so we still have the symbolism of an earthly building and beautiful
architecture, and in this sense the buildings are real to us. It is
partly, also, by keeping to this extent the easy sense of a building
to represent an idea, our mental forces are freed for concentration on
the purer, more immaterial ideas that we learn to work out within the
halls of knowledge. Also because the building represents a concept or
shared place of gathernig so the symbol is useful in this way too.
Don't confuse these halls with the temple symbolism. These are places
for the development of understanding, plain and simple. It is fun to
explain how we are taught here. I will try to give you a picture.

It is in the central hall where all the members congregate. There is a
high gothic vaulting, in a way it is churchlike but not entirely. But
the lines of the vaulting have in them a sense of purity and
aspiration belonging to a genius peak of gothic architecturest. But
envision less the picture of a cathedral in your minds, but rather the
picture of an ideal lecture hall. For the lecturer your best picture
will be one of those whom you know as guides. It is very magnificent
to tell you how the teaching proceeds.

In a sense it is speech; it will be easiest perhaps if you think of
this stage between friends when thought and speech merge very closely
into one another, when the words carry with them spontaneously more
though than they contain. Words carry an idea further, and again think
of the words being used only for their beauty, their rhythm and
cadence, and for differentiation or useful expression to compliment
other means of communication, just as the architecture is used only
for its beauty and utility, it appropriates purpose and dignity.

The teaching flows as a thought stream carried, but words are still
used, much is conveyed as the thought are shared to give a kind of
illustrative pattern and artistic embellishment to the thought.

I want to give you a picture of the state in we gradually leave behind
the earth imagery we see feelings and thoughts themselves in an
infinitely clearer, brighter and more vivid and more varied imagery in
they are as real as anything you can touch or see or hear, as
absolutely themselves to us, as tables and chairs are to you.

And I am not simply making abstractions, but it is one of these things
you have to truly experience the quality of perhaps to impress upon
yourself, how real a thing a thought can become. For a thought is so
vividly sent forth it exhudes a mood a color an atmosphere a
wavelength a concept a purpose a revelation and something to feel and
experience, like putting your toes in a stream, to feel the water, is
like listening or communicating by a thought. You already have a sense
perhaps of a stream and by the conditions present, though they may
vary infinitely, let's say it is a day in early spring, and as such
you have a sense the water will be cold when you put your toe in the
stream, and when you do it is. But these qualities, like a sprin day,
or or the temperature are of infinite variance and implication, though
you know you approaching a stream let's say and the stream is full of
water and the water is cold, before you dip your toe in it, dipping
your toe in the stream and actually feeling the cold water rush past
you is an equivalent though entirely different, and yet similar too in
some ways, experience. I am leaving realities for abstractions, and
leaving lesser realities for greater realities. It is possible to tell
you about our realities in the language we have grown with and is
framed to express your realities to experience, though it required
much practicing.

We have words, we are taught by speech, and the teachers use language
of wonderful flexibility and beauty, like the language of the greatest
poets. But through and behind what they say there shines a meaning far
beyond words, and with meaning we see a radiation of colour, sometimes
one colour, sometimes another, and sometimes many colours together,
and those marvelous shades of luminous colour become associated in our
understanding with different shades of meaning. When you read poetry
you feel the different shades between the lines, but try to express to
yourselves, or anyone else, exactly how they differ from one another.
We learn simply by learning to feel one shade of meaning is
represented by one shade of colour, another shade of meaning by
another shade of color.

This, you see, is an elementary sifting out of our different
perceptions of meaning. To see different meanings as different colours
is to be able to hold them apart, instead of having them all more or
less merged in a general sensation of beauty. Later, we go beyond this
simple color symbolisation, color serves a purpose and becomes part of
how communication takes place, we behold it, any more than we gain the
beauty of poetical language.

We succeed in everyhing, but we go further to add new powers of
understanding through ifferentiation. The color differentiation is a
good step.

You have fully realized colour is character, the particular shade the
eternal goodness takes when it shines through a personality. So you
begin to realize now, those of you who can see, certain personalities
radiate certain colors.

There is a further descent, so to speak, of the power to identify
color with character now being developed for humanity. A descent in
the sense the power to perceive the mind coloring is no longer to be
confined to mystical supposition; an effort is being made to get the
esoteric perception through to those who would call themselves
scientific. It is being brought, it is being subtly infused into your
philosophy, your education. It is coming to have a new significance in
your pictorial art. It will very soon make its definite appearance
even in your objective science.

A good deal of this you will become able to understand. The last
statement does contain a thing you can trace in the present, it refers
to the future. But the earth is reaching a stage at which underlying
meanings can begin to be differentiated, and so more clearly held and
understood and unified, because unity comes about through finer and
subtler differentiation. And the lesson we first have taught to us in
our halls of learning is just beginning now to be a possibility for
those who are still on the earth, for their physical understanding,
for their mental understanding too. Watch the progress of thought,
present human thought in its various aspects nowadays, and you will
catch a hint in one region after another a deep consciousness is
combining in of the significance of color as representing the finer
shades of language, even the most perfect, can express.

Remember I have told you about this color symbolism, how it is a step
beginning of a new power to perceive and understand.
Old October 11th 11, 02:19 PM posted to sci.physics,alt.religion,alt.philosophy,sci.astro
Androcles[_65_]

"Martin" wrote in message
Life and Life hereafter:

**** off, moron.
*PLONK*

Old October 13th 11, 02:46 PM posted to sci.physics,alt.religion,alt.philosophy,sci.astro
ZisntZ

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 05:45:32 -0700, Martin wrote:

I am in the service of others here.

with fries, please.

What do you mean to convey with this post? It seems to me "I" here -
which means you - is an angel spirit yet you are speaking to "You"
meaning me/us reader/s.. and this is where I am getting lost.. as if you
were a person on earth posting to USENET from a computer somewhere. It's
very hard to make this leap. What happened to blinding lights, trumpets,
celestial choirs, personal appearances and burning bushes? Budget
cutbacks? I for one miss those days a lot.

development of understanding, plain and simple.

Is there a way to opt out of this? To tell you the truth I am getting
pretty tired of all this development of understanding. I want to be
relegated to the "For the plain and simple ONLY" wing of the hall.

I will try to give you a picture...

You might try posting it to a binary group. Then at least that is one
less thing you do not have to give us.
Old October 13th 11, 11:00 PM posted to sci.physics,alt.religion,alt.philosophy,sci.astro
Zinnic[_2_]

On Oct 11, 7:45*am, Martin wrote:
[...]

read more »

Color me blue! I blacked out before reaching the color section!