news flash.......mosley bleeds from O-ring.

Old June 18th 04, 02:46 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Ami Silberman" wrote in message
The TSA is not military, the CIA is not military, but both are
vital to national defense.

Hell, so's *mohair* (at least until recently, it got a government subsidy
specifically so that it would be available for military uniforms), but you
don't see soldiers shaving the goats. Yes on national defense, no on
military.

And while NASA is a civilian agency, I would not apply the adjective
"non-military" because the military was so heavily involved in NASA.

Perhaps the military has become civilian because of the involvement of NASA
and other civilian organizations in the military. Why does it work one way
and not the other? That's no different than the old Jim Crow laws that said
someone was black if they had at least 1/16 black blood (or less)- of
course, nowadays you're Indian (for Federal benefits purposes, at least) if
at least one of your great-great grandparents can be shown to have been a
member of a recognized tribe.

Hey, wasn't it the Nazis that said you were a Jew if you had even one
great-grandparent that was a Jew? (Whoops- almost invoked Godwin's Law...)

Why, then, is NASA a military organization because it has some minor
military connections, but the Air Force is not a civilian agency even though
it has more than a little civilian connection? Let's have a little
consistency here, Stuffie!

Old June 18th 04, 02:48 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Ami Silberman" wrote in message
In that case, we probably would have
had the Mercury 8 -- 3 AF, 3 USN, 1 Marine, and a civilian.

Of course, *today* it would have to *also* have Elmer Fudd's- I mean, former
Interior Secretary James Watt's description of one of his committees- "a
black, a woman, two Jews and a cripple." It was an accurate description, it
just wasn't politically correct to point out.

Old June 18th 04, 02:50 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Doug..." wrote in message
Um, Pat -- you *do* know that the Romulan salute (fist to heart and then
outstretched) is actually the old Roman salute, don't you?

That's *Klingon*!* You're a Romulan apologist!

Survive and Succeed!

*"Errand of Mercy" ---- Verifiable reference for LaToya's benefit.

Old June 18th 04, 02:54 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
CT, you are a VERY welcome addition to this debate.

Losers and wallflowers tend to stick together.

Old June 18th 04, 02:56 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
NASA knows
EXACTLY what went on with that fire. They're just not telling the
truth.

Prove it. That's all you've been asked to do- back up your claims.

Old June 18th 04, 03:20 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message

Intentionally remaining ignorant in the face of overwhelming
countervailing proof is tantamount to lying, IMHO.

Herb, you're *clearly* not a man of faith, like LaToya!

Old June 18th 04, 06:38 AM
Stuf4

From Ami:
I consider GoogleGroups to be an excellent interface. I have used it
for every single post I have ever made to Usenet. I haven't tried any
downloaded newsreaders. If I were convinced that there was a
significant advantage, then I might.

A couple of reasons:
1. Some people set flags in their posts so they won't be archived in google.
2. Most newsreaders give you the option to ignore read messages. You can
also download messages to read offline (which is handy sometimes if you
travel.)

If I ever feel the need for any of that, I may give it a try. Thanks
for the feedback.

Even though GoogleGroups meets most all of my needs, they have put a
lot of effort into improving the interface with GoogleGroups2. As it
stands now, I prefer the original.

I'm actually surprised that lots more people don't use it. Poking
around some of the other options, I get the impression that some
people are actually *paying* to get Usenet news.

~ CT
Old June 18th 04, 07:07 AM
Mary Shafer

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:49:37 -0500, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:12:39 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

Hell, we can't even fly aircraft with cannon installed. Or own
air-to-air missiles, although we can have dummies. NASA is a civilian
agency and can't do things like that.

...Yeah, but the thought of something like HiMAT or one of the
scientific Habus doing a strafing run on a certain someone's house
right about now just has me tingling with delight :-) :-) :-)

You'll notice I didn't say we never wanted ordnance, just that we
couldn't have it. I was so jealous when I saw the paper on the CBU
munition testing, with a huge footprint for the submunitions.

Mary