Asteroid Targeted by Massive United States and Russian Military Forces Missile Launch Hit and Destroyed, Debris Rains down Upon Northern Hemispheric Regions

Old April 29th 05, 12:36 AM
Orion

Default Asteroid Targeted by Massive United States and Russian Military Forces Missile Launch Hit and Destroyed, Debris Rains down Upon Northern Hemispheric Regions

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index729.htm

While I realize the story sounds absurd, (since Brokaw, Rathers replacement,
and soon to be Peter Jennings replacement haven't said boo about it, ha ha )
it does bring up an interesting question.
Assuming for arguments sake that such a capability of launching "Thousands
of missiles" even existed (that could reach escape velocity, and not just
sub-orbital targeted back at land based targets), even if these where polar
launched missiles, would not amateur astronomers around the world notice
this?

Old April 29th 05, 03:08 AM
Davoud

Orion:
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index729.htm
While I realize the story sounds absurd, (since Brokaw, Rathers replacement,
and soon to be Peter Jennings replacement haven't said boo about it, ha ha )
it does bring up an interesting question.
Assuming for arguments sake that such a capability of launching "Thousands
of missiles" even existed (that could reach escape velocity, and not just
sub-orbital targeted back at land based targets), even if these where polar
launched missiles, would not amateur astronomers around the world notice
this?

"Sounds" absurd!? Does that mean you are holding out the possibility
that it's true!? When a story is as absurd as this it defies rational
discussion and assuming anything about it is also absurd and a waste of
your time.

As for ABC-CBS-NBC "news," the absurd is their stock in trade, and it
wouldn't make a whit of difference if they reported this, no matter how
they reported it.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old April 29th 05, 03:25 AM
CLT

would not amateur astronomers around the world notice
this?

Yes. Just like they would have noticed attempts to fake the moon landings,
or cover up cites on Mars or the moon.

But that has never stopped people from being silly.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

To reply, remove Delete and change period com to period net
************************************************** ************

Old April 29th 05, 04:22 AM
Chris L Peterson

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:36:44 GMT, "Orion"
wrote:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index729.htm

While I realize the story sounds absurd, (since Brokaw, Rathers replacement,
and soon to be Peter Jennings replacement haven't said boo about it, ha ha )
it does bring up an interesting question.
Assuming for arguments sake that such a capability of launching "Thousands
of missiles" even existed (that could reach escape velocity, and not just
sub-orbital targeted back at land based targets), even if these where polar
launched missiles, would not amateur astronomers around the world notice
this?

Yes. And they would have noticed the huge asteroid in the first place.
And they would have noticed all the debris raining down (I track these
reports, and watch the sky every night with a network of cameras
covering Colorado- outside of the increase in fireballs due to the
Lyrids, the activity hasn't been particularly high lately).

The only way the military would even find out about a "giant asteroid"
would be because amateur or professional astronomers would tell them.
These aren't people noted for a willingness to keep secrets- not that
that stops the conspiracy nuts.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old April 29th 05, 04:45 AM
Wally Anglesea™

wrote:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index729.htm

While I realize the story sounds absurd, (since Brokaw, Rathers replacement,
and soon to be Peter Jennings replacement haven't said boo about it, ha ha )
it does bring up an interesting question.
Assuming for arguments sake that such a capability of launching "Thousands
of missiles" even existed (that could reach escape velocity, and not just
sub-orbital targeted back at land based targets), even if these where polar
launched missiles, would not amateur astronomers around the world notice
this?

Of course we would all notcie it. But I get a cheque each month from
the sekrt guvmint organisation to act as a disinformation agent.

Just wait till June comes around and all the chicken littles start
bleating about Deep Impact.

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."
Old April 29th 05, 05:33 AM
Starlord

Sounds like someone was watching that movie made during the 90's where they
tryed doing that from platforms in orbit that where not suppost to be there.

Old April 29th 05, 12:08 PM
Tom Randy

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:36:44 +0000, Orion wrote:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index729.htm

While I realize the story sounds absurd, (since Brokaw, Rathers
replacement, and soon to be Peter Jennings replacement haven't said boo
about it, ha ha ) it does bring up an interesting question. Assuming for
arguments sake that such a capability of launching "Thousands of missiles"
even existed (that could reach escape velocity, and not just sub-orbital
targeted back at land based targets), even if these where polar launched
missiles, would not amateur astronomers around the world notice this?

Yes we would, we'd notice the asteroid first of coarse.

Old April 29th 05, 06:07 PM
John Carruthers

would not amateur astronomers around the world notice this?

So that's what they were :-)
jc

--
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/jc_atm/