ASTRO: M94 normal processing

Old May 20th 07, 06:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M94 normal processing

With nothing but clouds (no rain to speak of, of course) I had some time
to process a few images that have been giving me fits. First to see the
light of day is M94. I had several satellites go right through the
galaxy, at least one in every frame. Since I had so few frames to work
with they didn't fully reject no matter what routine I used. One is
still a bit noticeable on the left edge of M94. M94 reminds me of a
face on M63 with the broken star clouds rather than spiral arms though
those in M94 are much bluer in my shots anyway. There's some hint of
new star formation in the reddish outer disk as well. Note there is a
faint hint of the outer more blue shell seen in a few very deep shots
taken with very fast systems. More on that in a later post.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=4x10' RGB=2x10' all binned 2x2, STL-11000XM,
Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M94L4X10RGB2X10.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	865

Old May 20th 07, 04:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Wait till you see what's coming! It's giving me processing fits as I'd
digging down into noise.

Rick

Old May 22nd 07, 01:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote
With nothing but clouds (no rain to speak of, of course).......

Rick,

I see on the NOAA climate page that your drought conditions may come to
an end soon. I hope so. Things still look bad for much of the far West.

....... First to see the
light of day is M94.......

Now that's *deep*!! Great image!!

George N

Old May 22nd 07, 05:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote

With nothing but clouds (no rain to speak of, of course).......

Rick,

I see on the NOAA climate page that your drought conditions may come to
an end soon. I hope so. Things still look bad for much of the far West.

....... First to see the
light of day is M94.......

Now that's *deep*!! Great image!!

George N

YES! it actually rained today. Took down a few trees as well. Had to
chain saw my way out to the mail box, a 1 km run though dense woods.
Though for 2 hours the radar showed rain here into the yellow but not
one drop hit the ground. Then the red hit here and we finally got a
good 1/3 inch. Now we are only about 18" down for the last 18 months.
Cloudy through quarter moon and beyond is the forecast with a chance of
more rain. Not a promising forecast but maybe we'll get lucky.

Rick

ASTRO: Another Cocoon NGC 4485 and 4490 Normal Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 3 May 9th 07 05:15 AM
ASTRO: Tycho - improved processing. George Normandin Astro Pictures 4 January 8th 07 12:28 AM
Normal? You betcha honestjohn Misc 0 May 28th 06 02:59 AM
Processing Astro-photos in Vancouver, BC Holy Cola Amateur Astronomy 6 September 5th 03 08:07 PM
linux astro image processing software Shawn Grant Amateur Astronomy 29 August 25th 03 02:45 AM