Musk remains on Advisory Council

Old February 12th 17, 05:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Musk remains on Advisory Council

bob haller wrote:

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 9:12:05 AM UTC-5, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

trump is a chaos president........

trumps wall now estimated at 20 billion and climbing.

the wall wouldnt work, but his construction friends will make millions.......

they will go under the wall by tunneling, over the wall, come in by boats and submarines.....

trumps wall is just a big waste of money

Bob, this has absolutely nothing to do with space. It quite simply does
not belong here. Please stop posting off topic.

Jeff

sorry your wrong. wasting over 20 billion on a wall that wouldnt be effective.

No, he's right and you're a halfwit.

right now there are railroad sized tunnels being dug under the border. for drug trafficking.

And you don't want to make their job any more difficult?

its reported trump has scared over half of everyone in the us........

"It's reported". Why am I not surprised that you're suffering from
Trump Derangement Syndrome. Let us know when you get past Stage Two.

just imagine what 20 billion could do for the space budget.....

Hell, why stop there? Just imagine what $500 billion could do for the
space budget, despite there being no ****ing reason on Earth to
connect the two.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old February 12th 17, 05:47 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

Your interpretation of me saying it should have been two, not three, is why people don't take anything you say seriously.

Your constantly making excuses for yourself, like after writing "two
things" and then numbering them 1-3, is why people recognize you as a
nutter who is unable to admit error over even the most obvious of
things.

Your removal of all context every time you're made to look a fool, as
if that will somehow erase everyone's memory of your idiocy, is just
more evidence that you should be under psychiatric care.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old February 12th 17, 07:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Your interpretation of my correcting my list to properly put the third item as a natural consequence of the first item mentioned, as making excuses is hilarious.
Old February 12th 17, 10:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

Your interpretation of my correcting my list to properly put the third item as a natural consequence of the first item mentioned, as making excuses is hilarious.

Your making excuses for having made excuses for your list of two
things containing three things is, well, typical of you.

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
soul with evil."
Old February 12th 17, 03:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

a wall to really be effective.

will be a pair of walls at least a couple miles apart, perhaps 200 feet deep. with a lethal electric fence down the middle. and the dead mans land will need a surface thats very difficult to walk on.

then add drones for security monitoring......and lots of immigration police..

what will trump want for the coasts? how about walls along our beaches?

more important.

how will our country find and deport millions of people. and once they are gone how will the work they did get done.

food shortages, fiancial collapse for people who owned rental property when the illegals are rounded up.....

the landlords woulldnt be able to pay the mortages, we can have another fiancial collapse

Old February 12th 17, 05:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

bob haller wrote:

Jesus, but you're a dip****, Bobbert. And still off topic.

a wall to really be effective.

will be a pair of walls at least a couple miles apart, perhaps 200 feet deep. with a lethal electric fence down the middle. and the dead mans land will need a surface thats very difficult to walk on.

then add drones for security monitoring......and lots of immigration police..

Nonsense. Israel hasn't had to do any of that.

what will trump want for the coasts? how about walls along our beaches?

There's this new thing called 'radar'. I guess word of it hasn't
found its way to New Jersey yet.

more important.

how will our country find and deport millions of people. and once they are gone how will the work they did get done.

food shortages, fiancial collapse for people who owned rental property when the illegals are rounded up.....

the landlords woulldnt be able to pay the mortages, we can have another fiancial collapse

What a nutty bunch of loony raving.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old February 12th 17, 05:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 11:01:57 AM UTC-5, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

[...]

"Ordinarily fred j mc call is insane. But he has lucid moments when he is
only stupid."

bob haller
Old February 12th 17, 08:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

bob haller wrote:

Editing quotes is the best you can do now, Bobbert? How SPECIAL of
you...

territory."
--G. Behn
Old February 12th 17, 08:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

On 2017-02-11 09:11, Jeff Findley wrote:

trumps wall is just a big waste of money

Bob, this has absolutely nothing to do with space. It quite simply does
not belong here. Please stop posting off topic.

Actually it does.

Actually it doesn't.

It is all about priorities for spending. X spent on
Wall is X not spent elsewhere.

And X not spent on Y may or may not be spent on Z (or at all).

Various Dip****tery Elided

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old February 13th 17, 02:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Consider the Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne - a compound helicopter configuration that gave the aircraft tremendous range and speed for a helicopter. It was also heavily armed!

Specifications (AH-56A)
Data from Jane's Aircraft and WarbirdTech AH-56A
General characteristics

Crew: Two; one pilot, one copilot/gunner (front seat)
Length: 54 ft 8 in (16.66 m)
Rotor diameter: 51 ft 3 in (15.62 m)
Height: 13 ft 8.5 in (4.18 m)
Empty weight: 12,215 lb (5,540 kg)
Loaded weight: 18,300 lb (8,300 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 25,880 lb (11,740 kg)
Rotor systems: 4 blades on main rotor, 4 blades on tail rotor, 3 blades on pusher propeller
Powerplant: 1 × General Electric T64-GE-16 turboshaft, 3,925 shp (2,930 kW)
Performance

Maximum speed: 212 knots (244 mph, 393 km/h)
Cruise speed: 195 knots (225 mph, 362 km/h)
Range: 1,063 nmi (1,225 mi, 1,971 km)
Service ceiling: 20,000 ft (6,100 m)
Rate of climb: 3,000 ft/min (15.23 m/s)
Armament

Guns:
1 × nose turret with either an M129 40 mm (1.57 in) grenade launcher or an XM196 7.62×51mm machine gun and
1 × belly turret with an XM140 30 mm (1.18 in) cannon
Hardpoints: 6
Rockets: 2.75 in (70 mm) FFA rockets
Missiles: BGM-71 TOW missiles

There are 10 Cheyennes floating around, and with a 375 unit order cancelled, lots of spare parts and pieces as well.

Boeing's unmanned Little Bird was brought to flight readiness in a matter of months. It should be possible to do the same with Cheyenne, but with better computing platforms, greater capabilities! Including automatic weapon control! Which could be useful for defence as well as collecting unpaid bills!

Furthermore, the GE T-64 turboshaft engine the powers the Cheyenne, has already been modified to operate with hydrogen fuel!

https://www.netl.doe.gov/publication...y/Anderson.pdf

For anyone familiar with the Breguet Range Equation you know using a fuel with 141.8 MJ/kg specific energy to replace the 42.6 MJ/kg jet fuel, increases payload and/or range, with the hardpoints on the Cheyenne its easy to see a zero boil off cryogenic tank could easily be added to the system, and range could be increased to 6,000 km and more - with the same payload as now.. Getting rid of the more expensive missile systems, and maintaining an automatic cannon, still makes this a formidable unmanned drone for exotic delivery missions!