ASTRO: An old NGC 1491

Old October 6th 08, 08:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: An old NGC 1491

I took this 2 years ago. It was the second color image I processed with
Photoshop CS (maybe third my records are vague). So It is in dire need
or reworking. I hadn't realized I'd never posted it until John posted
his wide field shot. I obviously was still trying to figure out the
best exposure times for my sub frames. Most were too short for my sky
conditions. A reshoot would be in order but I have hundreds of never
taken targets on my to do list so that won't happen for a while.
Looking at the 4x10' stack compared to the 12x5' one I see I got more in
40 minutes with 10 minute subs than I did in 60 minutes with 5 minute
ones. Going longer would seem even better but then I saturate bright
stars too much so have settled on 10' as the best compromise when binned
2x2 as all these were.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=4x10'+12x5', RGB=4x5', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC1491L4X10&12X5RGB4X5.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	2217
Old October 6th 08, 09:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Beautiful shot Rick. Makes me want to reshoot it. There aren't too many
impressive galaxies in the autumn skies, so I may find the time to do this.

Stefan

ster.com...

Old October 7th 08, 01:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

interesting detail

http://www.tisd.net/~jng3