Moon 7-29-17 (3 weeks before Totality)

Old July 31st 17, 10:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Moon 7-29-17 (3 weeks before Totality)

Razzmatazz wrote:
First Quarter Moon at sunset.
https://www.astromart.com/common/ima...1.jpg&caption=
3 weeks from now the Moon will line up exactly with the Sun over much of
North America. It will be a magnificent Total Eclipse.

Razzy

Beautiful

Old July 31st 17, 11:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Razzmatazz:
First Quarter Moon at sunset.

https://www.astromart.com/common/ima...orums/834000-8
34999/834871.jpg&caption=
3 weeks from now the Moon will line up exactly with the Sun over much of
North America. It will be a magnificent Total Eclipse.

We should all go out tonight and shoot at the Moon *before* it swallows
the Sun.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Old August 1st 17, 07:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 2:36:42 PM UTC-7, Razzmatazz wrote:
First Quarter Moon at sunset.
https://www.astromart.com/common/ima...1.jpg&caption=
3 weeks from now the Moon will line up exactly with the Sun over much of North America. It will be a magnificent Total Eclipse.

Razzy

My dog barks at the Moon!
Now I see why?
Old August 1st 17, 05:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 08:37:03 UTC+2, StarDust wrote:
On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 2:36:42 PM UTC-7, Razzmatazz wrote:
First Quarter Moon at sunset.
https://www.astromart.com/common/ima...1.jpg&caption=
3 weeks from now the Moon will line up exactly with the Sun over much of North America. It will be a magnificent Total Eclipse.

Razzy

My dog barks at the Moon!
Now I see why?

I could well understand that if your Moon was as big as Razzi's.
Most of us live much further away. Except 1461, of course.
He's both barking and affected by The Moon.
That's why he's on another planet.
For his own safety. And, the GREATER good.
Do you have any more fitting explanation? ;-)
Old August 1st 17, 07:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

I am horrified that even when I do not intrude on a thread I am still dragged in by a screaming head. The picture is excellent, the description less so.

https://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/img/total_lg.gif

The image of the Moon lit up by the reflected light of the Earth is gorgeous but only when the observer has a feel for the rarity of that image as an experience.

Coming up to the eclipse I don't think anyone wants to present the forum in its worse light when perhaps there are insights here that can be found nowhere else and have been dormant since Galileo first presented telescope images of the planets and moon with their phases.

Old August 2nd 17, 09:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 9:07:27 AM UTC-7, Chris.B wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 08:37:03 UTC+2, StarDust wrote:
On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 2:36:42 PM UTC-7, Razzmatazz wrote:
First Quarter Moon at sunset.
https://www.astromart.com/common/ima...1.jpg&caption=
3 weeks from now the Moon will line up exactly with the Sun over much of North America. It will be a magnificent Total Eclipse.

Razzy

My dog barks at the Moon!
Now I see why?

I could well understand that if your Moon was as big as Razzi's.
Most of us live much further away. Except 1461, of course.
He's both barking and affected by The Moon.
That's why he's on another planet.
For his own safety. And, the GREATER good.
Do you have any more fitting explanation? ;-)

Pluto likes cheese, I think!