Retaining Binoc Lens Caps?

Old January 25th 05, 12:03 PM
Steve Maddison

Uncle Bob wrote:
W. Wat son wrote:

I'd like to not lose the lens caps that go on my binocs. I see some
people poke a hole through the caps, and use a thread to tie the caps to
the binocs. That's OK, but one ends up with something that resembles a
wind chime. Anyone got a better solution?

I super-glued mine on. Luckily, before I did, my wife suggested that I
drill holes in them first. That was a close call.

Clear Skies,
Uncle Bob

Make sure you take those glass things out of the front too, before
you get finger prints or scratches on them.

--Steve
Old January 25th 05, 12:24 PM
W. Wat son

Adam Norton wrote:

I think this is what you need:

http://www.quakeinc.com/category.cfm?cat=4

Ah, getting closer. Kinda pricey. I'll have to contact them. Maybe they
come in pairs (front/rear).

Most vehicle/deer accidents occur at sunset.
Vehicle deer whistles are ineffective.

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Old January 25th 05, 04:56 PM
lal_truckee

W. Wat son wrote:
I'd like to not lose the lens caps that go on my binocs.

Solution:
http://www.alasinistra.it/bush%20con%20binocolo.jpg
Old January 26th 05, 06:30 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Uncle Bob wrote:
I super-glued mine on.

Ditto, using excess nylon webbing from a strap so long that the
binocular could also serve as a groin protector. Insufficiently strong
bond, so I now have CA residue on binocs and caps.

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +