Ultimate DX ? e-VLBI

Old October 13th 04, 02:50 PM
Thierry

Default Ultimate DX ? e-VLBI

FYI,

Jodrell Bank tested a VLBI using the Internet : the Global Internet
Telescope.
Working at 1.6 Ghz, in spite of the weakness of signals (10^18 times weaker
than a common cellular phone) using a VLBI between Europe and Porto-Rico
(8200 km) they reached a resolution of 20 mas (milliarcsec), 5x better than
HST.
Pr Garnett from JIVE is interested in the project.
http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=15251
Maybe one day we could listen to Cassini by the Internet... like we do with
weather satellites in WEFAX !

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

Old October 14th 04, 12:42 AM
Jmpngtiger

I have thought of this concept: "the Ultimate DX", I always figured it would be
extra-terrestial signals, and I always thought we would see it in our lifetime.

Thank goodness, most of us still have time, but is anyone listening?

jt

Old October 14th 04, 12:48 PM
Thierry

"Jmpngtiger" wrote in message
I have thought of this concept: "the Ultimate DX", I always figured it

would be
extra-terrestial signals, and I always thought we would see it in our

lifetime.

Thank goodness, most of us still have time, but is anyone listening?

Hi,

or sending...
We're listening... but maybe not on the right frequency or on the right
mode.
And if they are using HF gravitational waves... we couldn't receive them yet
See http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-...unications.htm (end of
page)

Thierry