And you thought global warming theory was B.S? This is even moreridiculous. Controlling gravity

Old March 25th 16, 02:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default And you thought global warming theory was B.S? This is even more ridiculous. Controlling gravity

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 04:46:14 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 11:56:47 AM UTC-6, Chris.B wrote:

A: Billions hold religious beliefs despite the vast number of different
beliefs now and going back throughout history. Not one shred of evidence
has ever shown that any of these countless deities exists.

I would have to disagree with that assertion.

Than provide some objective evidence. You would be the first to do so.

Old March 25th 16, 02:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:29:02 AM UTC-4, Gary Harnagel wrote:

But there is considerable evidence against human-caused global warming:

Another good reason not to over-react:

https://www.epa.gov/cfl/cleaning-broken-cfl

(LEDs are safer, but read the warnings on the box.)
Old March 25th 16, 04:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SlurpieMcDoublegulp

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 5:41:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 8:52:02 PM UTC-4, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:

The following is not an opinion, it is real:

"Put on your Sunday clothes because an Arizona lawmaker wants to make church mandatory.

What should concern you is the attitude of democrats ... Crap snipped.

(1) Democrats believe Congress should be of the people, by the people and for the people.
Republicans believe corporations are the people.
(2) Democrats believe that corporations have too much influence over Congress due to their lobbyists and huge campaign contributions. Republicans believe the middle class has too much influence over Congress due to their voting and paying taxes.
(3) Democrats believe we need to protect victims of corporate negligence by allowing Americans to file lawsuits against corporations. Republicans believe we need to protect large corporations from lawsuits by Americans who've been victimized by them.
(4) Democrats believe that the rich should be taxed more than the poor and middle class. Republicans
believe that the rich should be allowed to keep all their wealth, except for the millions in campaign contributions they give to politicians.
(5) Democrats believe that too much money in politics produces corruption and destroys the American way of life. Republicans believe that money and corruption in politics are the American way of life.

Old March 25th 16, 04:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SlurpieMcDoublegulp

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 11:39:42 AM UTC-5, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:
[...]

(6) Democrats believe anything that helps the American people during a recession or a time of crisis is the true essence of patriotism.Republicans believe anything that helps the American people during a recession or a time of crisis is the true essence of communism.
(7) Democrats believe that we need to set high standards for clean air and drinking water. Republicans
believe that standards for clean air and water are burdensome over-regulation.
(8) Democrats believe the President and Congress need to work together to create jobs during a weak economy.
Republicans believe that Congress should do nothing to create jobs and then blame the President.
(9) Democrats believe that corporate polluters should be made to pay for the cleanup of their pollution.
Republicans believe that making corporations clean up their pollution is burdensome over-regulation.
(10) Democrats believe our health care system exists solely for the purpose of making people healthy.
Republicans believe our health care system exists solely for the purpose of making a healthy profit.
Old March 25th 16, 04:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Old March 25th 16, 04:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SlurpieMcDoublegulp

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 11:43:51 AM UTC-5, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 11:41:44 AM UTC-5, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:
[...]

(11) Republicans fear that the government has too much control over corporations.
Democrats fear that corporations have too much control over our government.

Old March 25th 16, 05:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 12:56:35 PM UTC-4, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:
snip

Odd that the 111th Congress and the demonrat-in-chief didn't manage to do ANYTHING productive during its two years.

Also odd: demonrat-run areas tend to be rather corrupt, crime-ridden and economically depressed compared to Republican areas.

Hey, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

Old March 25th 16, 05:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:08:27 AM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 05:28:58 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

But there is considerable evidence against human-caused global warming:

No, there isn't.

Wow! That doesn't sound like a scientific mind at work. There is ALWAYS
evidence against a position, wise people consider all viewpoints and keep
re-evaluating their opinions because:

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
- Charles Darwin

"A wise person is full of questions. A dull person is full of answers."
- Paulo Coelho

In fact, the evidence is so overwhelming that over 99% of climate scientists
no longer consider it a matter of doubt.

In the first place, that "99%" is baloney. And in the second place, there
is ALWAYS doubt.

That puts it squarely in the sort of scientific consensus we see for
General Relativity and evolution, and greater than we see for the Big
Bang cosmology.

I have doubts about all of those, too. Don't you? If not, why not?

"We are only as blind as we want to be." - Maya Angelou

http://climatechangereconsidered.org/

http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p36.htm

https://www.prageru.com/courses/envi...climate-change

If you choose to get your information about science from politicized
websites, that would explain your profound ignorance.

Wow! Personal attack is the last refuge of a threatened mind. So just
from WHERE do you get your "information?"

And one should note that 40 some years ago the fear was about global
cooling:

There was never anything close to a scientific consensus. This was
merely an idea that was briefly explored, found unsupportable, and
rejected. As opposed to AGW, which has no compelling evidence against
it, and for which the supporting evidence has continued to grow, year
after year, decade after decade.

Is that why the "warmingistas" were championing the .03 degree increase
in global temperature over the previous year as "proof" of continued
warming? That was complete baloney because the error bars were ten times
bigger than the "increase." That wasn't science talking, that was a pack
of reality-deniers.

It seems to me the proper solution is to place mylar mirrors in orbit
around the earth. Then they can reflect sunlight away from or toward
the earth as needed, thus covering warming AND cooling possibilities.

Most climate scientists believe that we don't yet understand our
climate system well enough to engage in attempts to engineer it.

Then why are we even having this discussion? Why is the IIPC and all the
Al Gores trying to force us into extremely expensive "fixes" that probably
won't work? And what's the matter with more CO2 in the atmosphere? The
world is full of starving people and plants grow better with higher CO2
concentrations. You seem to be afraid of a real solution, the beauty of
which is that it allows lower or higher insolation to fine tune the
climate.

Old March 25th 16, 05:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Innovators generally work with the present generation with an eye on the future while mere commentators work with the present generation and are stuck in the past. Often that past is distorted to cast their ideologies in the best light but the symptoms of a wasted life are full of opinionated babble that goes nowhere.

An outsider might believe there is some hugely contentious issues in this thread but for people who know better the desperation of participants trying to sound different from each other while maintain a mediocre middle ground. Like the cardboard box promising the observer wondrous astronomical spectacles by using the telescope within, invariably the mediocre class lifestyles promise much but perform little.

Holding scattered convictions cobbled together by consensus is meant to convey authority of a scientific community but it is all internal dialogue that are tinsel thin intellectually and bottom line.
Old March 25th 16, 05:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SlurpieMcDoublegulp

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 12:25:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 12:56:35 PM UTC-4, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:
snip

Odd that the 111th Congress and the democrat-in-chief didn't manage to do ANYTHING productive during its two years.

Hey, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

Odd that you don't know about filibuster rule in the senate, where good legislation goes to die. We don't have a parliamentary system, as a result the party in power cannot effectively govern if the opposing party makes a vow to throw sand into the gears.

I find it ironic that guys like you point out that nothing productive was done, when in fact that was the whole point of the GOP the last 7 years. You should celebrate the fact that your obstructionistas achieved exactly what they set out to do. Own it, it is yours.