Vatican Dumps Darwinist-Boosting Astronomer

Old August 30th 06, 06:48 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
JTEM

Default Reich-Wing Vatican Dumps Darwinist-Boosting Astronomer

Cary Kittrell wrote:

Me, I think that the Eden story is one of the most
marvelous myths I know of, because it so poignantly
echoes the stages we all experience in going from
infant to adult. But for others, it's more -- or less.

Nope, sorry, you must be evil if you believe there is
any wisdom in the bible, any moral lessons, and that
it is not just a dry record of historic events.

AN ALL-POWERFUL GOD ISN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH
TO EXIST IF GENESIS ISN'T LITERALLY TRUE!

If you were smart & moral you'd know these things.

Old August 30th 06, 07:05 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Pastor Dave

On 30 Aug 2006 10:41:33 -0700, "JTEM" spake
thusly:

Pastor Dave wrote:

You can try to dodge the Scriptures if you want to.

Dodging == treating the bible as a collection of
moral tales & lessons.

If we got here by evolution, then Jesus is not Savior.

We got here by evolution. Deal with it and move on.

You said so, so it must be true. Have a nice life.

--

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass,
till all these things be fulfilled." - Matthew 24:34

/
/
[]()X()[]
\
\

"For the word of God is sharper than any two edged sword."

"Many fossils have been collected since 1859, tons of
them, yet the impact they have had on our understanding
of the relationships between living organisms is barely
perceptible. ...In fact, I do not think it unfair to
say that fossils, or at least the traditional
interpretation of fossils, have clouded rather than
clarified our attempts to reconstruct phylogeny."
(Fortey, P. L., "Neontological Analysis Versus
Palaeontological Stores," 1982, p. 120-121)

Old August 30th 06, 07:09 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
David Johnston[_1_]

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:37:19 GMT, Pastor Dave
wrote:

On 30 Aug 2006 08:14:59 -0700, "Alex Terrell"
spake thusly:

Speaking of keeping ignorant mouths shut, maybe you should work on
your own. The Church does not oppose evolution. Creationism is a
Protestant thing.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/01/.../evolution.php

Creation is a Biblical thing.

And intepreting the bible literally is an (American) protestant thing.
(Though a characteristic shared by many Jews and Muslims).

Treating the bibe as gospel!

You can try to dodge the Scriptures if you want to.
But it is hypocrisy to claim that one believes in a
denomination that claims to believe the Scriptures
and then tosses the basic idea of the Scriptures
aside.

If we got here by evolution, then Jesus is not Savior.

I had no idea being Savior was a biological process.

Old August 30th 06, 07:36 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Cary Kittrell

In article .com "JTEM" writes:

Cary Kittrell wrote:

Me, I think that the Eden story is one of the most
marvelous myths I know of, because it so poignantly
echoes the stages we all experience in going from
infant to adult. But for others, it's more -- or less.

Nope, sorry, you must be evil if you believe there is
any wisdom in the bible, any moral lessons, and that
it is not just a dry record of historic events.

AN ALL-POWERFUL GOD ISN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH
TO EXIST IF GENESIS ISN'T LITERALLY TRUE!

If you were smart & moral you'd know these things.

So I take it you are mistaking me for a Christian?

Or are you someone who thinks that no insights into
the human condition can be found in the various myths of
the world?

-- cary

Old August 30th 06, 08:19 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Cary Kittrell

In article .com "JTEM" writes:

Cary Kittrell wrote:

Me, I think that the Eden story is one of the most
marvelous myths I know of, because it so poignantly
echoes the stages we all experience in going from
infant to adult. But for others, it's more -- or less.

Nope, sorry, you must be evil if you believe there is
any wisdom in the bible, any moral lessons, and that
it is not just a dry record of historic events.

AN ALL-POWERFUL GOD ISN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH
TO EXIST IF GENESIS ISN'T LITERALLY TRUE!

If you were smart & moral you'd know these things.

You appear to be mistaking me for a Christian.

Or do you not think that insights into the human
condition can be found in various myths, Christian and otherwise,
or that these myths do not arise directly from the human experience?

-- cary
Old August 30th 06, 08:46 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Wilson Heydt

Default Vatican Dumps Darwinist-Boosting Astronomer

In article . com,
Vatican Dumps Darwinist-Boosting Astronomer

Get clue idiot. he quit becasue he has cancer 9and is fairly
old). he's undergoing chemotherapy.

--
Hal Heydt
Albany, CA

My dime, my opinions.
Old August 30th 06, 08:53 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
quibbler

In article ,
h says...
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:49:34 -0600, in a place far, far away, quibbler
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Fact is, the man was born in 1933. If you're having
some difficulty with the math (and if you're a
creationist git then surely you are) that would make
him 73 years old.

And he has cancer. Both is age and medical condition would be pretty
good reasons for retiring. If the vatican opposes his views then the
pope can just flat out contradict him on the spot. There's no need for
them to beat around the bush. The fact is that the vatican doesn't know
what lie to tell next, so, for now, they're keeping their ignorant mouths
shut.

Speaking of keeping ignorant mouths shut,

Yes, speaking of ignorant mouths, I knew we'd have to hear yours
eventually.

maybe you should work on
your own.

Nope, you're wrong as usual.

The Church does not oppose evolution.

No, but Pope BeenADick is trying to backpedal as furiously as possible,
because he is clearly an old, stupid, and scientifically uninformed
person, when it comes to evolution.

Creationism is a
Protestant thing.

No, fool, creationism is pretty much a theist thing and certainly one
found throughout Judaism, Christianity and Islam, to name but a few.

--
Quibbler (quibbler247atyahoo.com)
"It is fashionable to wax apocalyptic about the
Old August 30th 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
quibbler

In article , _-ananias917-
says...
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:27:15 GMT,
(Rand Simberg) spake thusly:

Speaking of keeping ignorant mouths shut, maybe you should work on
your own. The Church does not oppose evolution. Creationism is a
Protestant thing.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/01/.../evolution.php

Creation is a Biblical thing.

That's inadequate. Creationism is described in many traditions other
than the "Bible", moron.

Old August 30th 06, 09:13 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
JTEM

Pastor Dave wrote:

You said so, so it must be true.

If you really think it's just me, you're insane.