What will NASA commit to a september launch ?

Old February 2nd 04, 12:02 PM
John Doe

Default What will NASA commit to a september launch ?

Is NASA currently proceeding as if it had the go ahead to launch in September ?

Or are actual launch preparation still in hiatus, pending completion of all
the RTF items ?

How soon will NASA be confident that it has worked out all the RTF stuff and
proceed with normal launch processing ?

is there a high degree of confidence that NASA will be ready in september ?
Old February 2nd 04, 09:49 PM
Matt Periolat

Well, it would SEEM they're leaning that way. I actually heard liftoff of
STS-114 to be tentatively set for Sept. 12, 2004, assuming everything goes
well.

Frankly, as long as everyone is happy, NASA, the astronauts, CAIB, I say let's
get back up there. That's the best memorial to the Columbia 7 in my mind.