Think I just saw my first Iridum flare

Old July 25th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36

Default Think I just saw my first Iridum flare

Laurence E wrote:

If you think your timing's off, check this out.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

It's kept my computer and all household clocks /watches accurate for the
last 18 months and I have no trouble picking up Iridiums!

Beeb

How does it feel to be among the lowest possible ranks of individuals
who adhere to axial rotation tied directly to a return of a star in 23
hours 56 min 04 sec -

http://www.opencourse.info/astronomy...phere_anim.gif

Pick any star in that constellation geometry and it will return in 23
hours 56 min 04 sec to a meridian,it even requires that it works in a
system based on 3 years of 365 days and 1 year of 366 days.

There used to be horror movies based on a fictional invasion of
unsocial creatures but the invasion of utter stupidity may be the
greatest invasion of all and a very real one.

Old July 26th 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Laurence E

"oriel36" wrote in message
ups.com...

Laurence E wrote:

If you think your timing's off, check this out.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

It's kept my computer and all household clocks /watches accurate for the
last 18 months and I have no trouble picking up Iridiums!

Beeb

How does it feel to be among the lowest possible ranks of individuals
who adhere to axial rotation tied directly to a return of a star in 23
hours 56 min 04 sec -

Just fabulous Ger, ain't missed a bus yet!

Beeb

Old July 27th 06, 07:56 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Jonathan Silverlight[_1_]

In message , Laurence E
writes

"oriel36" wrote in message
oups.com...

Laurence E wrote:

If you think your timing's off, check this out.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

It's kept my computer and all household clocks /watches accurate for the
last 18 months and I have no trouble picking up Iridiums!

Beeb

How does it feel to be among the lowest possible ranks of individuals
who adhere to axial rotation tied directly to a return of a star in 23
hours 56 min 04 sec -

Just fabulous Ger, ain't missed a bus yet!

I know I've grumbled about feeding trolls, but do you think Gerald ever
sees the stars? And if not, why not?
I've asked this before but don't recall seeing a reply. Has anyone taken
a full 23 hour 56 minute circumpolar star trail picture? It would be a
huge challenge, and requires an Arctic or Antarctic winter location.
Old July 28th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36

Laurence E wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message
ups.com...

Laurence E wrote:

If you think your timing's off, check this out.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

It's kept my computer and all household clocks /watches accurate for the
last 18 months and I have no trouble picking up Iridiums!

Beeb

How does it feel to be among the lowest possible ranks of individuals
who adhere to axial rotation tied directly to a return of a star in 23
hours 56 min 04 sec -

Just fabulous Ger, ain't missed a bus yet!

Beeb

You certainly missed the heliocentric bus for without treating axial
rotation in isolation for the clock system based on axial rotation at
15 degrees per hour,you cannot appreciate orbital motion in isolation
in determining Copernican heliocentricity.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ima...2000_tezel.gif

It must be awful to applaud a Newtonian conception which does away with
the ability to discern that planetary heliocentric motion is seen
directly from an orbitally moving Earth.The flip side of the clock
system is the great Copernican inbsight and the later refinements,every
time you justify the cartoon celestial sphere,only tells me that you
have not comprehended the works of Copernicus,Kepler and Roemer.