STS51L Accident Questions

Old March 20th 05, 12:21 AM
Dave Michelson

OM wrote:

...Tell you what, Dave, I'll throw the gauntlet down right here and
now: Bull**** Code Requirements, yes or no?

I like Code and am glad that I learned it, but don't feel that removing
it as a requirement for licensing is going to hurt Amateur Radio.

--
Dave Michelson

Old March 20th 05, 04:07 AM
Rusty

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:40:41 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

But say a Communist Rabbit got into your pea patch and ate twenty
percent of those peas every year- you'd say it was stealing them, but it
would say that it was taxing you, and that you had no right to trade
those peas for that rifle with out getting a "permit" for it, which the
Godless Rabbit will sell you for four hundred cans of peas, and the
right to put your name down on its death list- even though your right to
have that rifle is protected by the Bible, under the Second Commandment.
Well, you wouldn't like that Godless Rabbit very much, would you? And
you might just want to shoot it to stop it from eating your peas all up,
trying to nibble the stock off of your AR-15, marking you for death on
its "Gun owners Registration List", and corrupting your children with
non-aryan rap music! What would you do then, as a decent God-Fearing
White Man? Sounds like time to serve some peas with Ventilated Rabbit
Stew, doesn't it Whitey?
But suppose that the rabbit knew a bunch of Freemasonic Badgers who it
sent to your survivalist cabin in Montana to kill your Firstborn on Good
Friday... what would you do then? I'd shoot those damn SS Badgers too,
wouldn't you? Or better yet, take some of the nitrate fertilizer you use
to fertilize the pea patch, mix it with some of that fuel oil we have to
buy from those burnoosed rats in the Mideast that the Skull And Bones
Rabbit is in business with, and shove it down every badger hole in the
vicinity regardless of whether they have baby badgers in them or not!
Well, some people have already tried that- but the rest of us are being
drugged by the chemtrails, and having our thoughts addled by the HAARP
transmitter.... so it's time to construct a little airtight hut out of
aluminum foil and copies of the Bible, and crawl into it while we read a
copy of Mien Kampf by the light of a whale-oil lamp, as those damn
Mideastern rats don't have the world's supply of whales cornered yet and
God has given us permission to kill them (no matter what any ACLU
tree-hugger says), in the Book Of Revelation.

We hope that this makes everything clear. ;-)

The Posse Comatose

I would have just taken out the commie rabbit with a Holy Hand
Grenade. May it rest in peas.

Rusty

__

"As of now, I am in control here in the White House."

General Alexander Haig

Old March 20th 05, 05:15 AM
Dale

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:21:42 GMT, Dave Michelson wrote:

OM wrote:

...Tell you what, Dave, I'll throw the gauntlet down right here and
now: Bull**** Code Requirements, yes or no?

I like Code and am glad that I learned it, but don't feel that removing
it as a requirement for licensing is going to hurt Amateur Radio.

Did I miss something? I thought code requirement was dropped years
ago. I got my ticket a couple of years before that, and was surprised
when I passed the exam at 20 wpm on the first try. That reminds me,
it's time to send in the renewal form...

Dale

KJ7SL, and only working 40/80 mb CW (200 watts is plenty, thank you
Old March 20th 05, 05:34 AM
Dale

OK, my memory failed me. The code requirement wasn't dropped - just reduced
to the 5 wpm level. Same thing. Seems like the FCC agreed to drop it entirely
years ago, but the rest of the world wouldn't agree to that.

5 wpm code is easy. The written exams are easy. You used to have to diagram
circuits just to get a general class license. But like Dave, I don't think
eliminating even the 5 wpm requirement will hurt the hobby. But I'm glad
I got my extra-class license back when it at least meant something

Dale

Real radios glow in the dark.

Old March 20th 05, 08:07 AM
Pat Flannery

Rusty wrote:

I would have just taken out the commie rabbit with a Holy Hand
Grenade. May it rest in peas.

Use a Papist Weapon to kill an Illuminati Rabbit? That would be like
jumping out of the stew pot, and into the fires of Hell, wouldn't it?
I'd write more, but it's time for us to head into the deep Aryan Purity
of the coniferous forest, and there, under the stars, and with the
Thule-like purity of ice covered branches sparkling like a cathedral of
light, ponder what would have happened if Werner Heisenberg really had
any sort of clue what the critical mass of U-235 was.... let's just say
that Nord Dakota would probably be full of V-12 missile silos, although
they would now be targeted on Rothschild/Roosevelt controlled banks,
rather than the burnt ruins of Godless Moscow! :-P

The Posse Comatose
Old March 20th 05, 09:40 AM
OM

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:34:56 -0800, Dale wrote:

OK, my memory failed me. The code requirement wasn't dropped - just reduced
to the 5 wpm level. Same thing. Seems like the FCC agreed to drop it entirely
years ago, but the rest of the world wouldn't agree to that.

....Except for the Japs, who dropped it something like 15 years ago,
IIRC. And it was - you guessed it - the Frogs who whined the most,
because it was against the treaty they established.

5 wpm code is easy. The written exams are easy. You used to have to diagram
circuits just to get a general class license. But like Dave, I don't think
eliminating even the 5 wpm requirement will hurt the hobby. But I'm glad
I got my extra-class license back when it at least meant something

....Code needs to be dumped for everything General and below. The
theory test needs to be beefed up, and include more on the practical
applications, including the band regs. At the same time, they need to
give the 11m band back to the Hams, and give specific license to use
all the power they want on those freqs to clear out all the ILDE's
left over from the CB Radio fad.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old March 20th 05, 10:51 AM
Rusty

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 02:07:03 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Rusty wrote:

I would have just taken out the commie rabbit with a Holy Hand
Grenade. May it rest in peas.

Use a Papist Weapon to kill an Illuminati Rabbit? That would be like
jumping out of the stew pot, and into the fires of Hell, wouldn't it?
I'd write more, but it's time for us to head into the deep Aryan Purity
of the coniferous forest, and there, under the stars, and with the
Thule-like purity of ice covered branches sparkling like a cathedral of
light, ponder what would have happened if Werner Heisenberg really had
any sort of clue what the critical mass of U-235 was.... let's just say
that Nord Dakota would probably be full of V-12 missile silos, although
they would now be targeted on Rothschild/Roosevelt controlled banks,
rather than the burnt ruins of Godless Moscow! :-P

The Posse Comatose

But friend, don't you see? The rabbit had to be taken out at all
costs. For it represented a symbol most foul and evil. It's image came
from the very depths of communism. The so called "Easter Bunny". It's
sole purpose was to obscure the true reason for the season. It's very
existance was only to dilute the power of the Prince of Peas.

8-}

Rusty

__

"How can anyone govern a nation that has 246 different kinds of
cheese?"

French President & General Charles de Gaulle

Old March 20th 05, 11:14 AM
Dale

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:40:32 -0600, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote:

...Code needs to be dumped for everything General and below.
The theory test needs to be beefed up, and include more on the practical
applications, including the band regs.

OK with that. I'd reinstate at least being able to draw a schematic of
a couple oscillator circuits to get an extra ticket. Geez, the entire question
and answer pool for the multiple choice exam is available in the ARRL
prep books. Hard not to get 100%, if you have any memory at all, and
still not really _know_ anything. At least the code exam shows you
internalized something, rather than just crammed some Q&As well. But
it's amazing the FCC even deals with hams directly anymore...

At the same time, they need to give the 11m band back to the Hams,
and give specific license to use all the power they want on those freqs
to clear out all the ILDE's left over from the CB Radio fad.

Hiram Percy Maxim is now spinning in his grave

Dale
Old March 20th 05, 11:17 AM
Dale

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:40:32 -0600, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote:

...Except for the Japs, who dropped it something like 15 years ago,
IIRC.

BTW, I've had some of my best CW QSOs with "Japs". Not to mention
some of the best internet-contact-resulting sex. But that's another story

Dale